Rags Putting Trottier Out Of His Misery Soon?

SueNJ97

Blake is good but he's not as good as Leetch career-wise.

Lidstrom I'll give you. He has already surpassed Leetch and will become the defenseman everyone wants to be like.

Is it any coincidence that the Rangers were .500 after the Columbus game and then when Leetch went down, the team fell apart?

Leetch is still a top 5 defenseman and a lot better than some of the people here think.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike York would have to score 30 goals a year for 5-6 years straight for that trade to be a mistake.

Oh - and he WONT

People are killing Poti for the supposed "lack of defense" that he plays, but must be forgetting just how awful Berard was last year.

Yes, but Poti is a pylon with arms. The guy scores points but SUCKS In his own end :puke: The Ranger$ seem to lack the character players like a YORK. They've got these higher end star players who are either emotionally or physically fragile, then some tough guys/scrubs, but maybe not enough 'in between' guys.

New Year's Eve pic from Melbourne, Australia.

With Leetch, people tend to forget how good he is overall. He's not one-dimensional. Last year, his +14 on a dreadful team was proof that he plays both ends.

This year, he was sacrificing his offense when paired with Poti. The end result was the Rangers best defense pairing and Leetch playing terrific in front of his own net while Poti took chances. He did all this and covered for Poti's mistakes but still had 15 points before he went down.

It's too bad because he'd be a Norris Candidate this year if not for the injury.

I think you're right, C. I see Holik as captain material and I can see him being a a leader on a team that turns it around

I really cannot see A$$holik as quality captain material until he lays off the self-serving finger pointing B.S. he's famous for. He's going to lose the locker room doing that.......

Yes, but Poti is a pylon with arms. The guy scores points but SUCKS In his own end :puke: The Ranger$ seem to lack the character players like a YORK. They've got these higher end star players who are either emotionally or physically fragile, then some tough guys/scrubs, but maybe not enough 'in between' guys.

Thank you for proving my point MaddDog. They should have traded Dvorak instead.

Let's be realistic - how many players in the HISTORY of the NHL could replace Leetch? 3-4? maybe....

Can you possibly be any more of a homer? Three or four?

Well Has, Ranger$ fans are quite homerish when it comes to LEETCH :lol:

3 or 4 All-time, sounds like homers 'r' us to me.....

It's not easy. I don't expect you to understand, you've never had a player that good on your team.

Oh come on, Brodeur doesn't count? He might end up with more wins than ANY goalie in the history of the NHL. Of course those will be big shoes to fill for the next NJ goalie, Ahonen or whomever. Stevens doesn't count just because he's not an offensive defenseman like Leetch? Stevens has been the heart and soul of our team too through TWO Cups, and while he's not the offensive force Leetch is he's definitely more of a defensive/physical force.

Good point. To whom is HomerDuguay comparing to Leetch? Only offensive defensemen or any player? Because if we are talking any player, Stevens and Brodeur are just as good as their precious Leetch.

Hell, Brodeur might be better career-wise than either Leetch OR Stevens.....

He proved your point? How? Nothing gets proven on a message board :lol:

It's 'she.'

Mike York was a character player with heart. You can use your 2nd half theory that he wears out if you like. But York always came to play. Just ask the Oilers how they feel about him and if they miss the traffic cone.

BTW... you might want to check out Bryan Berard's +/-.

So, what were the Rangers better off with? Bryan Berard and Kim Johnsson along with Mathieu Schneider or Tom Poti and Vlad Malakhov???

Sather: Hey Kev, I hear you guys are looking to deal Poti?

Lowe: You got it correct, kid held out and the fans have been on his case ever since.

Sather: I'm interested, how about Dvorak for Poti even up?

Lowe: The same Dvorak who tore his ACL and MCL about ten days ago?

Sather: Yup, that's him.

Lowe: Sorry Glen, another call, Milbury is on the other line offering Isbister.

Come on Kove, get real. Maybe it would have been Dvorak, but his injury killed any chance of that deal, and one of the other teams involved was the Islanders. Were they offering Isbister, who knows, him or Parrish, take your pick. Those guys are so far better than a healthy Dvorak it isn't funny, let alone a damaged one.

Good point. To whom is HomerDuguay comparing to Leetch? Only offensive defensemen or any player? Because if we are talking any player, Stevens and Brodeur are just as good as their precious Leetch.

Hell, Brodeur might be better career-wise than either Leetch OR Stevens.....

Let's not get carried away MaddDog. Leetch has been doing it since he entered the league in '87-88.

Stevens better than Leetch and I'm the homer? Get a clue.

Kovy - I don't care what Berard's numbers are this year. He was AWFUL last year, and no one in their right mind would have picked up that option which would have paid him like 3 times the amount Boston gave him. No way.

Mike York didn't come to play squat after New Year's the past 3 years.....he got tired, poor kid....and it was tiring watching him get knocked around. If he falls asleep again in the next couple of weeks what will the Oiler fans think? "Thank God we got those good 3 weeks outta him!" :rolleyes::lol:

It was hypothetical bg. You've seen how much a wuss Dvo is since he's returned. He's a waste of a roster spot.

All I'm saying is they should have found a way to keep York.

Would you have parted with Lundmark?

You have a short memory. Before last season started Dvorak was an untouchable in the minds of 90% of the fans. The fact that he held up a Jagr trade is torture.

The guy has stone hands and has always been garbage, but for some reason he lucked out, potted 30 goals and you guys all fell in love with him.

Kovy - if you suggest that they should have traded Lundmark you should be banned from the whole internet......be consistent

Let's not get carried away MaddDog. Leetch has been doing it since he entered the league in '87-88.

Where did I get carried away? By the way Doog, I didn't say Stevens is better than Leetch, I said BRODEUR could be.

Brodeur has been around since '93-94 and put up some stellar numbers over the years. That's almost ten years of consistent, very solid performance, two Cups, 3 finals appearances, lowest GAA In the modern era, an Olympic gold medal, but then I'm sure I'm gonna be told it's all because he's a product of his system :puke:

Duguay, knowing what I know now, Lundmark will never get half a season to prove himself.

The Rangers don't know how to develop young talent. It's a fact.

Lundmark is wasting away in Hartford and they should just put him out of his misery already. He's got no future in New York because the people who run it are retards.

I wanted kids like Lundmark, Kloucek and Brendl to get a shot. But that was never going to happen here. It never does.

But Stevens isn't in the same stratosphere as Brian Leetch

Oh, please :blink: I think their career accomplishments are pretty comparable, it's just that Stevens is more of a defensive d-man and Leetch is more offensive-minded (although you may have noticed that Stevens USED to put up decent points earlier in his career before he focused more on d with the Devs).

I would have dealt Lundmark to save York in that deal, but the fact of the matter is teams do not like to deal established guys and receive just prospects (no matter how good they might be) they like young cheep proven NHL talent.

For every one Andy Pettitte there are ten David West's. Teams know this.

No doubt Leetch has had a great career.

The man is a class act and should be a 1st ballot Hall-of-Famer.

Not to mention he plays for TEAM USA (a major plus in the SBT's book).

However, it would be tough to put him in the current top 5.

The SBT's top 5 D-men of the last several years would be:

1. Blake

2. Lidstrom

3. Prongs

4. Jovocop

5. Gonchar