Will Brodeur Finish his Career as a Devil?

MartinBrodeurNJD#30

Will Brodeur Finish his Career as a Devil?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will Brodeur Finish his Career as a Devil?

• Yes
    • No

marty is all about tradition, and the big picture.

he is not going to play 18 seasons with the Devils breaking every goalie record known to man, with mega Hardware and lord stanleys...only to play his last season with a canadian franchise to live out some child hood fantasy.

It's not like he's a Ray Bourque who had to get traded to a contender just to win his first Stanley in his final season.

I have a strong feeling that so long as marty wants to play in the nhl the devils will retain his services...no brainer...what ever it takes.

he will play into his 50's eventually becoming a back up on the carolina hurricanes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only to be demoted to the ECHL when no one else wants him! :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man that would be great...I could catch marty at the Long Beach arena playing the Ice Dogs on $2 beer night just like when Gomer was on the Aces!!! :P lol!

Cheech__Chong_4.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../510130548/1002

Asked if Montreal (the city where Brodeur was born) would be attractive, he said probably not until the tail end of his career, joking that that would probably be in his 40s or 50s.

"It's a question of where I'm happy," Brodeur said.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm somewhere in your quote it says "joking"!

Brodeur might want to play in Montreal sometime, but that doesn't mean the Canadiens will sign him. They just drafted a goaltender as the 5th overall pick, and he should be starting by the time Brodeur would want to head up there.

But no, I don't think he will finish his career as a Devil unless he wants to take a below-market salary again. Lou would not hesitate to let him go if he felt he was not worth the money. Brodeur is a great goaltender but he will not be worth the maximum on a 4 or 5 year deal - so if he wants the money this time around, Lou won't give it to him.

Cheech__Chong_4.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../510130548/1002

Asked if Montreal (the city where Brodeur was born) would be attractive, he said probably not until the tail end of his career, joking that that would probably be in his 40s or 50s.

"It's a question of where I'm happy," Brodeur said.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm somewhere in your quote it says "joking"!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

... and elsewhere in the thread, people were outright dismissing the mere notion of Brodeur ever contemplating such a thing. Point is he's made a reference to playing for Montreal a few times over the years and Marty often combines serious thoughts with a mix of humor in the media to make interviews more colorful. Remember him telling the press he would probably lead the league in penalties during preseason as far as him adjusting to the new puck playing rules? He actually adjusted really well to it thus far, but he probably did have some doubts that it would be an easy habit to break right away.

Edited by Guest