So what game you watchin' tonight?

Don

i use to like matt cooke but the more i watch him the more disdain i have for him.

he's such a punk, he just goes around delivering dirty hits and jumping on other players and runs away, he's like freaking maltby or something. he turtles just as much

Edited by bruins4777

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda turned it off to play playstation after the goal looked like it was in on the overhead (which is still looked like it was to me pretty clear)... did they show another angle that it wasn't ?

maybe I shoulda turned off the PS-2 :P

normally i'd laugh at that, but damn, somebody like me just HATES to see a goaltender play like that and then get screwed over by a bullsh!t goal.

and they win...ugh.

but man that was still a great game outside of that. i gotta question some of the desicions gretz made though...ballard was FANTASTIC, but he went with morris and mara at the points. i thought mara was great, but morris just...he seems to be so inconsistent. He's not god awful, but he really plays questionabley at times.

Nagy too, i felt gretz really overplayed gretz and sanderson. Nagy didn't play all that great of a game and took some bad penalties yet he kept on getting icetime.

But man, doan what a player there, he just plays so hard every game, he's like smyth plus some more skill.

Bertuzzi seems to really be refinding himself. I'd like to see him charge the net more and try to shoot more, but he's starting to find that gritty net charging bull again...took 2 bad penalties, but played a really strong game. He was really good last night also.

Edited by bruins4777

It's so great to see the bruins play like this.

They have a lead and they are STILL drilling the net. I don't care if its the pens, its the WAY they're playing. Thornton is healthy and DOMINANT. Isibister is playing great, i'm really liking this guy, a less physical faster axelsson. Samsonov is playing great, and consistetn for probably the first time this year.

They took away a joe's goal, but the second after samsonv scored anyways!

now thornton just scored, he's HEADING TO THE NET, Holding the puck dominating with it on his stick away from checkers and SHOOTING THIS IS A HUGE THING SHOOTING. Its great.

Orpik no suprise has a dirty play on that, but it hasn't mattered. Just great play.

This is the kind of hockey they should be playing all year, they could go really far playing this way.

Say what you will about it being the pens, but this style of play and hard work with their talent will win no matter what you say about the team theyre playing.

one side note.

it must suck to be thibault, he is just playing BRILLIANT. He had this beautiful robbage of thornton earlier, but its just a shooting gallary the pens look like the panthers of 03-04. Its awful for the pens...great for me :D

crosby is playing really great too though, lemieux not so much. he just gloved down and rushed up and gave himself a breakaway just now.

gonchar has been absolutely awful. on the thornton goal he could have stood up joe but turned AWAY. he has a goal, but he's just been soft, he's playing like he did in teh playoffs with the bruins. i'm happy this guy isn't on the bruins.

crosby with 2 assists, the 2nd assist was outstanding, made rayzor look stupid.

Edited by bruins4777

Don't take this the wrong way, but the Penguins have made every team they've played against look like Stanley Cup finalists this season save for one close game against the Flyers! Defensively, they are a disaster waiting to happen each shift.

Edited by Guest

Don't take this the wrong way, but the Penguins have made every team they've played against look like Stanley Cup finalists this season save for one close game against the Flyers!  Defensively, they are a disaster waiting to happen each shift.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know what you mean, but even so, the goaltending of thibault was really strong. Did you watch?(not saying this in an insulting way just questioning)

Thornton was just so strong, and even if they were playing a very average team, after watching them sit on their leads in two straight games vs. the sabres, the bruins played THE ENTIRE GAME. They were drilling the net, and just playing great. Its just the effort really that they put forth that made me so elated. I mean it was the first game i've seen all season, this was my 5th game of them, where they played the entire game.

Don't take this the wrong way, but the Penguins have made every team they've played against look like Stanley Cup finalists this season save for one close game against the Flyers!  Defensively, they are a disaster waiting to happen each shift.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know what you mean, but even so, the goaltending of thibault was really strong. Did you watch?(not saying this in an insulting way just questioning)

Thornton was just so strong, and even if they were playing a very average team, after watching them sit on their leads in two straight games vs. the sabres, the bruins played THE ENTIRE GAME. They were drilling the net, and just playing great. Its just the effort really that they put forth that made me so elated. I mean it was the first game i've seen all season, this was my 5th game of them, where they played the entire game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hardly caught any of the game at all. At one point I flipped over to it and the Bruins commentators on NESN were recapping some of the goals between periods and thats about it aside from turning back to the game right as it ended and also seeing an "almost fight" where a Pittsburgh Penguins player challenged someone to a tussle to try and inject some life into his team. Alberts I think it was, but it didn't look like he was interested in fighting. I trust Joe Thornton found his game though based on what you wrote above. I know he was saying on opening night that his leadership won't be an issue for the team this season. Its strange how both the Bruins and Devils are struggling to play consistent hockey for 60 minutes this season.

Edited by Guest

Its good to hear those kind of comments from joe, leetch was outstanding as well, i forgot to mention that, he was inconsistent everytime i saw him and on a lot of the highlights he screwed up defensively. But he played a great defensive and offensive game all the way through.

Vandenbussche was trying to fight alberts, after alberts NAILED gonchar. But i think alberts was smart in not fighting, aren't there penalties to teh coach and player now if you fight with less than 5 minutes remaining?

there was a bizarre penalty in that game. Orpik grapped bergeron's leg with his legs and they called a penalty on orpik, made me chuckle.

------

to those who think the new NHL is for figure skaters, watch the canucks avs game tonight. This is one of the bes games i've seen all year. The canucks are playing hella sloppy now, but cloutier is dominating.

The hits in this game are awesome.

and henrik lights it up with one hell of a pass, fakes the slapper right to daniel's tape, outstanding.

Bertuzzi has awaken, driving to the net, pushing off other players, shooting, there he is again.

Sakic has been robbed by cloutier at least 3 or 4 time so far. Including a highlight reel 3 straight chances.

wow what a game...canucks up 5-1, avs make it 5-4 with minutes remainig, then the canucks finish it up with an empty netter.

the sedin brothers were incredible.

the avs dominated most of the early game, then the canucks seemed to put it away. Then the avs, who got robbed of a bunch of goals earlier got a highlight reel brad may goal, another one where brisbroies wasn't picked up, then a powerplay goal for tanguay.

just an insane game.

Well I just watched the Sens lose their first game of the year. They lost 3-2 to the Canes. Martin Gerber was fantastic. He made big save after big save in the third.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gerber also had the worst dive I have ever seen not on a soccer pitch. I heard Spezza had a horrendous dive as well (I missed it flipping to Wings/BJs.)

Pretty awesome game to watch overall though, both teams looked great.

Why does Columbus suck so bad year after year?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for this year:

Injured List

Rostislav Klesla

Rick Nash

Gilbert Brule

Dan Fritsche

Nash should return on Friday against Minn. Other than that they just don't have that great a team on paper, lots of potential to be good in the future because of all the high picks though.

Edited by L

their cente depth is awful also. they were using hartigan as their first center on the PP.

Zherdev is amazing though, he was kinda inconsistent in the game, but he made some really eye popping plays, he was also, essentially the only player really playing for the blue jacket's.

denis played, but there was really nothing he could do against that kind of team and lack of defense. freaking pierre mguirre was criticizing denis, shows once again how little he knows

and the bruins lose in the shootout after dominating play woohoo.

Edited by bruins4777

their cente depth is awful also. they were using hartigan as their first center on the PP.

Zherdev is amazing though, he was kinda inconsistent in the game, but he made some really eye popping plays, he was also, essentially the only player really playing for the blue jacket's.

denis played, but there was really nothing he could do against that kind of team and lack of defense. freaking pierre mguirre was criticizing denis, shows once again how little he knows

and the bruins lose in the shootout after dominating play woohoo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Columbus is terrible defensively, but Denis has to make the stop on a couple of those goals.

Damn Boston sucks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya.....

and luzzo, the only goal i think denis could have stopped was the 2nd datysuk where he lost track of it after making the intial save.

the other datysuk goal was batted out of mid freaking air. The schnieder one was a perfect pass from lidstrom for a ROCKET. Few could stop that.

i missed the zetterberg goal

shanhan's first was a fluke, his second was a freaking laser plus a screen, i don't know how he was supposed to stop that.

he also made a ton of other great saves to complement that. And in general throughout the season, the year has been like this. Denis makes a bunch of great saves, but there are just too many break downs.