Which in your opinion is worse in movies.

Super 17

Violence.

Nudity is natural, for the most part. Something about getting your head blown off by giant machine guns doesn't really sound too natural to me. If I had the choice of getting naked in front of a thousand people or having my eyeballs ripped out, I think I'd go with the nakedness.

Does njdevs.com have a 1000 members?

oops, did I say that out loud?

I'd agree, the violence is more "unbelievable" than nudity but I don't see why a giant machine gun wouldn't blow your head off in real life...so it's somewhat realistic as it could be done. Then again getting your head blown off by a naked person probably isn't so natural! :evil:

Does njdevs.com have a 1000 members?

oops, did I say that out loud?

I'd agree, the violence is more "unbelievable" than nudity but I don't see why a giant machine gun wouldn't blow your head off in real life...so it's somewhat realistic as it could be done.  Then again getting your head blown off by a naked person probably isn't so natural! :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never said it was or wasn't realistic. I said it didn't seem natural.

Violence seems VERY natural after that pathetic effort from Michael Vick and his worthless fraud Falcons today :P

it's all about content on either one and why they choose to use nudity or violence......

it's all about content on either one and why they choose to use nudity or violence......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So since your favorite content is wrestling, do you prefer nude make wrestling? It's got nudity and violence in one convenient package...no pun intended! :evil:

So since your favorite content is wrestling, do you prefer nude make wrestling?  It's got nudity and violence in one convenient package...no pun intended! :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like wreestling made just as it is sir B )

don't you love it when you totally blow the cheap shot with a misplaced typo from hell ?? :lol:

And what a fitting time to add an old ECW Chant in too B )

YOU fvckED UP !!

YOU fvckED UP !!

YOU fvckED UP !!

YOU fvckED UP !!

YOU fvckED UP !!

:lol:

that almost made my cough go away !!

I think violence in movies is worse because I do believe there is truth to the fact the the more violence a person is exposed to they get desensitized toward it. Sex is natural and everyone will be exposed to it eventually. I don't think you need to see intercourse per se, I wouldn't mind some male frontal though. :D

Still gotta go with violence. And with that said, I'd rather have my kid end up preggo than murdered by his friend who saw some crazy wrestling move in the latest Jackass movie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yah, I'd agree with that too...

...and see...wrestling is bad...it can lead to murder! :blink:

The issue is what has a worse effect on the kids.

Kids are natural mimics. They see something. They want to try it. They see explosions, they want to make explosions. They see speeding cars, they want to speed in cars. They see sex, they want to try sex.

Somewhere along the way, most people give up the mimicing and know when to do certain actions. Just because you saw Brutus Beefcake throw a flying elbow smash doesn't always mean you have to do it to your sibling.

But NUDITY, I'm not sure exactly what effect that has on kids. There is a difference between nudity and sex as the members of any nudist colony would tell you.

So I can see why they would want to put warning on TV shows and movies that contain violence or sex, but I don't know why they put warnings that a show contains nudity. What is the puritan arguement for keeping nudity off of TV other than should they allow it, we'd see new Britney's showing even less on MTV.

I think the question is always what is its purpose and how much of it is there? Kids watched movies and TV shows with a certain amount of violence in them (Westerns, for example) for quite a while and I don't think it made them, as a WHOLE, inherently violent. In fact, the generation that grew up watching westerns and stuff like that on television and in the movies was actually the generation that grew up to protest against war, etc. in Vietnam. If you see people just shooting each other for the hell of it on the screen when you are a kid, I think THAT is a problem, because it doesn't give you any idea that violence may be wrong. And sexual content, well, it depends what it is. I don't think a little nudity every once in a while will hurt anyone but I wouldn't let any kid watch, for example, Nip/Tuck. But some parents don't seem to keep any track of what their kids actually watch.

My parents knew what I was watching and stopped me from watching things they disapproved of when I was a kid. But I also listened to them when they said no, you can't watch that.