With The Sharks Still Struggling...

puck

With the Sharks still struggling might Owen Nolan be availabe?

Or if they continue could he become availabe at the deadline?

Would we be interested? And what would it take?

He's not having a great yr but I'd love him on ths team and I think he would fit nicely.

Can't imagine he'd be available.. I don't think the Devils want him either.. frankly, he's overrated and has only had one season at an elite level .. yet he's getting paid in the elite range. He's the captain of a team, so that puts a greater price tag on his head..

I don't think anything will pry him out of San Jose except maybe a cant-miss prospect and a solid defenseman. We don't have any cant-miss prospects.

Sharks will probably wait a year to deal Nolan, if they decide to. Selanne, on the other hand, may be available. If the Sharks continue to tank.. but I imagine Detroit and Philadelphia would be interested, among others. Hell, Selanne might enjoy it out there in San Jose..he sure wouldn't enjoy racing his cars on the highways of New Jersey.

From what I have heard and read Nolan would be a mistake:

His team supposedly hate him and he is viewed as selfish and inconsiderate.

In addition, there was a rumor that his back is so bad he will probably need surgery IF they can repair it which is why he has missed so many games this year.

He is damaged goods and a negative charactor. I say we pass on this one.

I'll tell you what...I'm really suprised with how the Sharks have played. Sure they and injuries and holdouts but I expected much more...they were my pick to win the CUP this year...now it looks like Vancouver and Dallas in the West. East is more wide open (Devils, Ottawa, Leafs, Philly)

GO DEVILS!!

Yeah basically Jerry.. to me it seems everything the Sharks touch turns to gold in the media's eyes.. this same media forgetting that Nolan was on the verge of being dealt to Montreal in 98. The guy's always had the ability but his numbers are rather subpar since 95, except for one standout season and one very good one.

Nolan's overrated. He's a good 30 goal power forward, but he's not a great leader, doesn't use his exceptional skill enough, and is one of the last names that comes to mind when I think of power forward.. I think Bertuzzi, Guerin, Thornton, Lindros, Tkachuk, Deadmarsh.. after a while I'd make it to Nolan.

Lay off all Sharks, Lou. They're all overrated even now. I disliked the Sharks before the season, but even I didn't think they'd be this bad.. figured they'd make the playoffs and go kaput first round..

Except maybe Selanne. But I think Selanne plays too much of a West game.

I guess I gave the Sharks more credit then they were due. I thought they'd do well -- I thought they'd grown. Thought Nolan grew into a decent leader (I had sort of religated him to nasty angry Irish guy before) Thought Selanne's deal was making a positive statement...then it all just went to hell this fall -- I thought they were going in the right direction - I really did. I was pretty vocal about it during the playoffs too.

Nabokov's little hold-out caper really f*cked things up - nice to see he's having such a banner year now :rolleyes:

ok -- I'm really starting to find naked Scotty distracting now...will someone tell that moron to get a new avatar? :huh: oops - it's mine though isn't it?