Bergfors

DevilsLove111

Petr Vrana and Bergfors. Bring them up. Bergfors is a better player. Rysnar and Janssen, send down to Albany. Bergfors = "Next generation"

I totally agree with you!

But I dont think that will happen this year.... Next year.

Petr Vrana and Bergfors. Bring them up. Bergfors is a better player. Rysnar and Janssen, send down to Albany. Bergfors = "Next generation"

Bergfors is the youngest player in the AHL, and neither of them is exactly lighting up the scoreboard in Albany. They'd both be much better off getting 15 minutes a night in Albany than 6 in NJ.

"Next Generation" = not ready yet

If the Devils past is any indication then expect Bergfors and Vrana to spend another year in Albany next season. Either one of them would have to have a mind blowing training camp to not start next year in Albany, and even a great camp might not do it for them.

I'd rather let them develop... i'll even use Parise as the example as WHY seasoning is good... the A to the NHL is a big enough jump.. you need to take baby steps with your key prospects.. guys like Gomez who jump right in and produce are RARE

patience is the key

even more so on a team that is NOT going far this year

Bergfors: 29 points in 48 games

Ryznar: 20 point in 48 games

Janssen: 4 points in 20 games

Why Ryznar and Janssen? Its sucks

ROLES ON THE TEAM

Janseen has been a BADLY needed physical presence who can skate and fight and hit people... he's been one of the more important energy players on the team... can't say the same about Ryznar though

for a guy like Bergors to be on the main team he'd have to be 2nd line ready and I don't think they feel he IS at this point (and to be fair... as nice as 29 in 48 is... that's gonna translate into maybe a third of that in the NHL and even Brylin and Marshall can do those kinda numbers on the 2nd line now)

I get the feeling Rynzar will be sent back down as soon as Weimer's travel issues are fixed

Bergfors: 29 points in 48 games

Ryznar: 20 point in 48 games

Janssen: 4 points in 20 games

Why Ryznar and Janssen? Its sucks

Because Ryznar and Janssen are 4th line, energy-type players. They're not really supposed to score, they're just supposed to hit people, and not get scored on.

Bergfors is a scorer, he doesn't really hit and he needs more work on defense. He needs to progress to the level of a second line forward before it would really make sense to call him up. Otherwise, he's just being wasted on a 4th line, and getting practically no ice-time to boot.

Great post so far mddevsfan and Crasher, I agree 100%. I love prospects including Vrana and Bergfors but they would not help this team at all right now and it would hinder their development. Just thought that I would echo that sentiment again. Patience is a virtue, no need to rush anything.

From what I've heard, Vrana has been really bad defensively. That got Suglobov shipped out of town.

As for Bergfors, I think the Devils would have been smarter to leave him in junior. Yes, that would mean that he would be untouchable for a couple years, but by the numbers he is putting up it doesn't look like he'll be NHL ready before 2007-2008. He really skipped a step going right to the AHL instead of to the Fog Devils.. I'm impressed that he's doing as well as he is given his age.

I hope Bergfors get a chance to play with Devils about four-five years. I think he is ready the season 2010-2011.

Barring a miracle training camp, I'd say 2007-2008, just in time for the new arena. He'll be a whopping 20 years old.

Bergfors numbers to me show he didn't need to play in the juniors and he is probably better off skipping that step as he is performing pretty well in the AHL. Having him perform well in a higher tier league is better for development than having him tear up a lower tier one.

From what I've heard, Vrana has been really bad defensively. That got Suglobov shipped out of town.

No he hasn't...Well, at least not for the whole season. He plays the PK quite often. I doubt Ftorek would put a defensive liability out on the PK...

I do not believe that Bergfors plays with new jersey in the future. his contracts runs out next season. The swedish elite league is really good and many teams in Sweden is interested of him. I read it on a swedish newspaper. i Think Bergfors going back to Sweden after next season with Albany.

I do not believe that Bergfors plays with new jersey in the future. his contracts runs out next season. The swedish elite league is really good and many teams in Sweden is interested of him. I read it on a swedish newspaper. i Think Bergfors going back to Sweden after next season with Albany.

I'm wondering if we can make a wager on that? :P Reading his quotes the NHL seems to be his dream and I doubt he leaves right before he probably starts playing in it.

:P:dance::doh1::rofl:

Voros19 nailed it, WOW just WOW!

got a link to that paper?

aftonbladet eller expressen eller n

Yeah...I'll believe that one the day I see it.

Bergfors is progressing at Albany, but shouldn't come up until next year at the very earliest. Although some fans probably won't agree, I thought Parise was rushed. The numbers he put up for the Rats last year (73 GP, 18 G, 40 A, 58 PTS) were solid, but not exactly awe-inspiring. When I suggested that Zach would probably only put up 10-12 goals this year in the NHL, some people thought I was nuts. Well, that's probably what he's going to wind up with. I also didn't see him putting up more than 30 points. I just think he would have benefitted from another AHL season where he would have gotten more ice time and been able to refine his skills. Was playing in the NHL a good thing for Parise this year?

If Bergfors is tearing up the "A" after 20 games or so next season, then bring him up. But not before.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I dunno, I think everyone who saw him in Albany last year and in preseason this year thought he was ready to make the jump. Really, Zach played far beyond his point total last year (imo).

I think another season in Albany might have done him good, but I don't think coming up this year necessarily hurt him. We'll have to wait and see. He's only 21 years old.