Superstitions

emptynet

What pre-game or during the game superstitions do you have?

This is only for the playoffs...just before the playoffs began in 1995, I was at Gerry Cosby's in Princeton (no longer there) buying skates. They had a small, plastic Stanley Cup commemorating the Ranger's win from the year before - it had a small Rangers sticker and '1994' on it. I bought it ($10 I think), peeled the sticker off and it comes out every year for each playoff game and sits on top of whatever TV at whoever's house our group watches the game. After the game, it either gets wrapped up and put away, or covered with a 'Go Devils!' bandana thing they gave away at a playoff game in the early 90's. Since 1995, it was only not on display for 1 game -- 1995 ECF Game 5 versus the Flyers. I was so disgusted after the 2nd straight loss in Game 4 that I took it down and put it away. After NJ won Game 5, it came back and has been displayed ever since. On the occassion that I attend a playoff game, someone else is assigned to place the Cup on the TV. And this year, the Cup sits atop a puck used at a Devils practice session at South Mountain.

-Luke

Really, I have way too many to list here, but among all of them, this one should make it clear that I am quite superstitious.

I will only go in one specific urinal (my urinal) in one specific bathroom at CAA. If the entire bank is empty, but mine is in use, I'll wait.

And no, there aren't any identifying marks on it.

I dont really have supersitions...

however, I have not worn my jersey to a game or at home during a game since the new years eve game...

and seems like the team has kciked ass since...so im probably not going to wear it the rest of the season.

I have just been wearing devils t-shirts instead and hats.

When I can heard the game on the radio on a early game : I put my Devs jersey and scream loud (and my g/f wanna kill me)

When I can heard the game on the radio in my bed : i'm not authorized to have "superstition". I must be quiet or be... dead

When I can't heard the game...coz it's LATE : I put my new Devils Hat on my computer... and I watch the score in the morning with the hat in my hand (true story :P )

This hat is a wonderful gift from a wonderful poster of this wonderful forum :dance::boogie::dance:

(and I must make pics with this one... )

(and sammyk, don't forget to give me "smiley" to do :whistling: )

Years ago, my dad and I ate "Lucky Chips" during the games! We both quit the chips, but he still has a lucky food. I think now it's lucky fat-free ice cream.... :argh:

Oh also when I go to the games (when im in NJ anyway!), I eat skittles and save the red ones for the end of the game and only eat the red ones when we need the luck! I know...i'm weird.... :P