Dano on Sopranos?

Schenley

Kenny D just mentioned in the post game wrapup that he MIGHT be in episode 11 of the Sopranos - sitting in a bar next to Tony.

He made it sound like if it doesn't get cut out, it will only be a "blink and you miss it" moment...

Yeah, I read that in the Ledger recently too.

Guest troycrowder25
Kenny D just mentioned in the post game wrapup that he MIGHT be in episode 11 of the Sopranos - sitting in a bar next to Tony.

He made it sound like if it doesn't get cut out, it will only be a "blink and you miss it" moment...

He was on the set and David Chase asked Dano to sit next to Tony at a bar during a scene for episode 11. I guess Chase doesn't realize Dano is a recovering alcoholic.

This is on EJ Hradek's weblog, only insiders can view it. I thought it was pretty funny, yet true.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=hradek_ej

Lou Meets Tony Soprano

posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 | Feedback

Longtime Devils defenseman Ken Daneyko retired after winning his third Stanley Cup in 2003. Since then, Dano has been a very busy guy, juggling several business interests as well as doing a little media work on the side.

Now, Daneyko is adding another line to his ever-growing resume: actor. Yeah, the former roughneck defender will be going in front of the cameras. And, fittingly, his debut will come on HBO's New Jersey-based mob drama, "The Sopranos." Daneyko will make a cameo appearance on the season's 11th episode, which is scheduled to air May 21.

When I asked Daneyko about it, he just laughed, saying, "Don't blink or you'll miss it." He said he enjoyed the experience. In the show, Daneyko will be seated next to lead character Tony Soprano at the Bada Bing bar.

A couple of years ago, the producers of the show approached Devils GM/head coach Lou Lamoriello about making a cameo appearance. After some thought (and finding out what the show was about), Lamoriello declined. But, the thought of Lamoriello on "The Sopranos" got me thinking. The scene would go something like this:

Scene setter: Tony stops in for a few late-night burgers. He notices an older man sitting alone at a table. He recognizes him as Lamoriello from the sports pages. Tony, troubled by recent problems within his crew, asks the top Devil for advice.

Tony: Aren't you that hockey guy