Nbc Coverage A Joke

Derek21

Well it's official, the NBA trophy presentation has lasted longer than the Stanley Cup presentation.

Because the NBA has much more history and tradition in their sport & their trophy.

:puke:

Well, you almost have to do that. If you give the NBA the hockey treatment, before long you'll have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton in your face, and that's never a good thing.

Edited by RowdyFan42

I hated Carolina winning the cup, BUT I still enjoyed the cup celebration. Iwas surprised we saw as much as we did! and for what some stupid local news about who got killed and who killed thier kids? fvcking stupid.

The Stanley Cup is the oldest trophy in NA and the only trophy to have EVERY name who won it on the cup. Every time you see it it just about gives you goose bumps. that trophy has done more traveling than anything.

Im surprised they didnt do bonus coverage on OLN or ESPNEWS or something!

It should be noted that NBC's Finals Coverage of Games 3-5 were up 7% from ABC's in '04

Where'd you get that info from ?

Game 7 on Monday night had a 3.3 rating and 6 share on NBC, down from ABC's 4.2/7 for Game 7 in 2004 -- the last season before the lockout.

"The ratings are in line with our projections," Brian Walker, director of communications for NBC Sports, said Tuesday. "We were thrilled with the product on the ice. The rule changes had a huge impact. The hockey this season was fantastic."

NBC aired the final five games of the finals, averaging a 2.3 rating and 4 share, down from a 2.6/5 on ABC in 2004. NBC averaged 3.6 million viewers, down from ABC's 3.9 million in 2004.

A ratings point represents 1,096,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 109.6 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

Several of Univision's telenovelas proved more popular than NBC's telecast of Game 3, which was seen by only 2.5 million people. (Woo-hoo, I was one of them!) Game 6 wasn't much better at 2.9 million, compared with 14.3 million watching the Game 5 of the NBA Finals.

In the ultimate slap, the NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City didn't even show Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, going with a taped broadcast of a Major League Soccer contest.

I hope people finally realize the actual numbers. 300 million in this country, yet less than 4 million watch the NHL on national TV.

The NHL will NEVER be a major sport in the US. Not in my lifetime anyways.

Let's enjoy it for what it is. really humble, great athletes playing a game of power & grace, all while being on a sheet of ice !!