NEW Newark Arena Interior Pictures

Terreri31

Yet another opportunity for me to prove my inept artistic ability.

This is how I'd like to see the seats done. :thumbsup:

one side

seatsdevilsuk7.jpg

and the other

seatsnjsv2.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually tattoo, I'm using existing threads vs. starting a new thread with the same meaning. Is this not proper etiquette? :noclue:

actually tattoo, I'm using existing threads vs. starting a new thread with the same meaning. Is this not proper etiquette? :noclue:

Outburn was responding to old threads too. As shown in the Daneyko thread you re-bumped. I really don't care, I'm just giving you a hard time! :P

And tattoo? WTF?

Oh, and Greg, since I see you in this thread, and since we've argued once already today :P, you've used a lot of comparisons to the MCI Center in how it's rejuvinated/made the area a better place to live. Now, I'm not an expert on the arena's location in DC, but aren't people already coming to DC as tourists/politicians anyway? Wouldn't the lack of tourists hurt the Newark Arena?

I wanted to offer my own perspective on this, since I've been to the MCI (now Verizon) Center a couple of times. I live north of Baltimore, about an hour's drive from the closest stop on the DC Metro. Since I moved here (June '03) I've been into downtown DC about 10 times, and 9 of those times were to go to a Capitals game. I was not going to DC for other tourist reasons, but specifically to go to the hockey game. I would think Newark will work the same way.

Said another way, the crowds at a Caps game are local fans there to support their team (awful as it is), not tourists who are watching a game because it happens to be there. The fact that there are things to do around the arena before and after the game just adds to the draw, since you won't have to choose between going out, and going to a game.

Also, did anyone notice there's one banner missing from that picture? There's only 3 Cup banners, but the arena won't open until after this season... :evil::koolaid:

Edited by mddevsfan

For any of you who have been to the Excel Center in Minnesota, they have like a bar kind of that if you are on the glass, you have the entrance to it. It's a really small bar that has some couches, a dart board, and then the bar. Any chances that the devils will have that too? Also the players, coaches and a few other people go in there after the game. At the world cup, we kinda snuck in and I met and talked to the Cechoslovakian(sp?) coach after the US vs. them. Durikng the game you get a special stamp or whateever that gets you into the bar and stuff.

I like the "D-e-v-i-l-s" in seats idea, I think it would look really cool. Only it shouldn't be green, white would be better (green isn't our color anymore!). It would like pretty neat inbetween intermisison or just regular empty arena pictures.

It would look a little weird tho when other events were put there, if they even plan on using it as such.

It would look a little weird tho when other events were put there, if they even plan on using it as such.

The arena is planned for other events besides hockey, otherwise it would be a total waste. An MISL soccer team will be there when it opens, as well as Seton Hall basketball(Which is becoming more likely especially since the new coach wants to be there), concerts, WWE, etc. It would be the same format as the Savvis Center I guess.

Edited by Marv4Life