No fun for this hockey tourist

Rock

No fun for this hockey tourist

Martin Brodeur recalls toil and trouble on European tour during NHL lockout and getting to know real Dominik Hasek

Sep. 30, 2006. 08:20 AM

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...ol=970081593064

In this edited excerpt from Brodeur: Beyond the Crease, New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur writes about the December 2004 tour of Europe by a team of locked-out NHL stars and his relationship with Dominik Hasek.

A representative from IMG, the company that did some of my marketing work, approached me and asked if I was interested in participating in a European tour, something similar to that which (Wayne) Gretzky, then a member of the Los Angeles Kings, had organized 10 years earlier when the league had shut down. Right away, it seemed like a great idea to me, a chance to see Europe, to travel with some players I knew and liked and to have some fun. When you're a player and suddenly you're not playing, that's what you miss most, being with the guys. It almost becomes a game every day, finding a little dirt on teammates so you can make fun of them, kidding a guy who wears the same shirt two days in a row, anticipating funny lines teammates are going to use, going to a bar and laughing when something funny happens.

The lineup for the tour was pretty impressive and included Dominik Hasek in goal, Rob Blake, Mattias Norstrom, John-Michael Liles, Rhett Warrener, St

His book sounds great. I think I will pick it up when it releases here.

I was at McNally Robinson today and I had the book in my hand, went into my bag and realized I had forgotten my wallet at home :doh1:

I noticied that the font in that book is HUGE

I was at McNally Robinson today and I had the book in my hand, went into my bag and realized I had forgotten my wallet at home :doh1:

I noticied that the font in that book is HUGE

I would def recommend that any Devils fan get this book...next time don't forget your wallet.

annabelle you look good, for a much older woman. It's nice that you still take care of yourself at that advanced age.

I would def recommend that any Devils fan get this book...next time don't forget your wallet.

annabelle you look good, for a much older woman. It's nice that you still take care of yourself at that advanced age.

LMAO! Well, it's good to know that I don't look 24! :lol:

lmao thanks greenhorn..