AHL Road trip

njdevils2003champs

I'm planning to go to a AHL arena this year to watch the Lowell Devils but where is a good AHL arena where the fans are cool and not a bunch of drunken degenerates. I remember hearing horror stories of Rats fans going to Glens Falls and I remember the Devils Fan Club and Rats Booster Club not getting a warm reception in Hartford.

Wilkes-Barre is a good arena to go to. It's always jammed packed and the fans never bothered me.

I love Bridgeport's arena but the arena is always empty so you wont have to worry about anyone bothering you.

I like Philly as well but the fans may say something to you there. I have also been to Providence, Binghamton, Hershey, Albany and Hartford and didn't have a problem there either with the fans.

Edited by Satans Hockey

figures.... I HATED Wilkes-Barrie... a combination of that fat drunk "mayor" and just how awful as a town that place is... YEEEECHHHHH

Hershey was cool though I miss the old arena, and Phily... is well... Phily :P

Albany's fine... just be SURE to go to the hill st cafe after!!! :thumbsup:

I really am going to have to check out this "Hill St Cafe" sometime since you keep raving about it......do they have alcohol there?

oh most definitely !!! B )

won't plan an Albany trip without going there!!!! :thumbsup:

So after the Rats kick Lowell's ass, we'll all go throw back a brew at the Hill St Cafe! ;)

As far as the original post, my favorite arena is Springfield. I've never been hassled over there and the arena is updated but still has the "old time" feel to it.

Edited by Fidgetess

Not that you'd be coming to Winnipeg, but the Moose rink is wicked and theres always good crowds that aren't morons. Nice place except for last night when the windows got blown out of the building beside the rink due to extreme winds...took half hour to find parking and walk past all the police blockades.

Portland Maine is a pretty sweet town. It's a bit of a drive from Albany but it has become a tradition of sorts for my friends and I to make that trek in December. The arena is pretty intimate and the fans are all generally pretty laid back, although the last time I went the Pirates won by like 300 goals so that could have had something to do with it.

There are a ton of bars all within walking distance from the arena (and Holiday Inn) which is nice. We ran into Ari Ahonen at Gritty McDuffs. If I recall you can get a delicious dark beer called 'black fly' there too!

Portland Maine is a pretty sweet town. It's a bit of a drive from Albany but it has become a tradition of sorts for my friends and I to make that trek in December. The arena is pretty intimate and the fans are all generally pretty laid back, although the last time I went the Pirates won by like 300 goals so that could have had something to do with it.

There are a ton of bars all within walking distance from the arena (and Holiday Inn) which is nice. We ran into Ari Ahonen at Gritty McDuffs. If I recall you can get a delicious dark beer called 'black fly' there too!

I can't believe I forgot Portland. The arena wasn't my favorite, but the city itself more than makes up for it. I usually try to go there at least once every couple of years. Plus it makes a great road trip since there's some other stuff to do in the Maine/New Hampshire area and you pass probably 2 or 3 other AHL cities on the way.