Hitting Back

Derek21

Good article Derek. I think you'll here a lot of rumors about rag$ to blues trade rumors, because J.D. was close to the rangers for so long. Not surprised by J.D. trying to pry him away. I wonder who else he asked about. Kasperitus? Weeksy? Betts? I also wonder if he's asked lou about hometown St. louis boy, Cam jannsen?

most likely Prucha. This is like when a GM or a coach from one team goes to another. Although JD wasn't that, the guy did see every Ranger game there is, associate with the players, etc, etc. Thought of him going after Rangers is not surprising.

If they trade Prucha, I'll throw in the towel. He's gotten his game back finally. They can't trade him. It would be a colossal mistake.

I can't see them doing that. He's shown a lot in his short career. That would make no sense.

About the Flyers...yeah, it can crash and burn in a hurry. The toughest part to take for Flyer fans is having a team that contended for such a long stretch and not having a whole lot to show for it. Only one SC Finals appearance in that "run" that resulted in a sweep.

I agree with what you said about the Pats-Colts matchup, BTW. I'm a longtime Pat fan and I drove up to the Razor to watch the game. That Patriot loss more or less killed any chance the Patriots might have had to gain the #1 seed...as it stands, they're going to be in a hell of a dogfight for the #2 seed. The Pats can definitely go into Indy and beat the Colts on their own turf come playoff time, but I'll worry about that game if it actually happens. As much I love Belichick (impossible not to if you're a Patriot fan), the curmudgeonly prick act is going to start wearing thin if the Pats stop making noise in the playoffs. The next eight weeks in the AFC are going to be insane!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Ha. I didn't even realized that Crasher. I always make my own nicknames. I guess I'll have to come up with something else for him instead.

Nah, no need... just another victim to my warped influences... that's all :clap::evil:

From my continued live blog via the Habs vs Oilers game which heads to a shootout:

-The Sportsnet announcers are raving about all the room out on the ice during an odd three-on-three which began OT up in Montreal. Petr Sykora's ninth off a blast from the point got it to this point. But here's a point on three-on-three. When have you ever seen a goal scored during it? It's just not as easy to score unless someone gets a clearcut 2-on-1 or breakaway. Four-on-four is better! And already in this session with 2:45 encounting, it's proving so as Roloson turns away a Habs' chance. This Canadian battle has also featured three fights, including the intigator and misconduct of Montreal D-man Sheldon Souray, who stuck up for a teammate. So it's been excellent. Ferraro astutely points out that Sykora has not seen the ice yet thru the first three minutes. Why not? He's an electric skater and perfect for this kind of situation. Also love that new No.71 which seems to be working wonders thus far on his fourth team. Wow. Saku Koivu almost sets up Souray on the doorstep for the winner. A D jumping up. Got to love it. Under 50 to go and Michael Ryder's wraparound attempt is snuffed out by Roloson. Then David Aebischer shuts down Jarret Stoll's wrister to which a pleased Ferraro points out how "enjoyable" this game has been concluding, "that it's been the best 65 minutes he's seen in a long time." In the bits we've seen, it's hard to disagree. It's been great! If you have the Center Ice package, you're eyes are glued to the set after that fun Devils-Canes finish. Shootout again? 30 secs till it. Habs trying to be too fine here as Alexei Kovalev's centering feed doesn't connect. And a solid closeout on Stoll there. Then Kovy slaps one from beyond center on Roloson, who closes it up as the buzzer sounds.

More coming...

Hitting Back At Ya!