OGT: March 30th, Philadelphia Flyers at New Jersey Devils

themiddle91489

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they did. The Devils went 9-1 in those games without Gomez. :koolaid: Gomez is a gametime decision today. He has a deep LEFT thigh bruise. My bad for saying right thigh. :P

Well 7-1 to be exact, during a stretch where the Devils faced powerhouses like Chicago, Columbus and Florida when they were playing lousy.

That the 7-1 record without Gomez gets overplayed a bit by the anti-Gomez faction as another indictment on him. Of course they've had bad games with him, over 70 games you're going to have a few bad ones!

Although Gionta is a net plus over Gomez and at least he'll be back today.

Well with Gomez they have lost to Florida, Boston, and the like. What's your point?

They've lost to Florida, Boston, and the like with Brodeur and Langenbrunner and Parise and Pandolfo...and so on.

Don't get me wrong, watching Gomez play this year has probably put my blood pressure up a few points, but teams (particularly this team :koolaid: ) just don't win or lose because of one player.

Well 7-1 to be exact, during a stretch where the Devils faced powerhouses like Chicago, Columbus and Florida when they were playing lousy.

No, to be exact the Devils are 9-1 and now 10-1 without Gomez in the line up. :P It was mentined several times when Gomez was out the last time with an injury.

No, to be exact the Devils are 9-1 and now 10-1 without Gomez in the line up. :P It was mentined several times when Gomez was out the last time with an injury.

Well maybe he missed a couple of games somewhere else but I'm just talking about the one stretch between late October and late November where he missed all but one game (where he reaggravated the injury).