Well There Goes Your Nolan Dreams !

CRASHER

With ten seconds left and the Sharks down by 2 Nolan got drilled in the

back by Riguere (spelling ??) and Nolan was DOWN and OUT.. didn't even

move his legs as they carried him off the ice.. was in some of the most

unbelievable pain that I've seen a hockey player be in in a LONG time

I don't think Nolan can be considered on the block anymore.. time to reboot

all your trade rumors folks....

his reaction to it looked WORSE then the white hit and then see him be literally dragged off.. ouch !

He was dragged off? I'm no expert but shouldn't a strecher be used in cases like this when there is a possible back injury?

See, that's what I was wondering when I was watching the game live on NHL CenterIce!!

I thought, my Lord why are they moving him like that and not bringing him off on a stretcher..what if there is another one or two vertebrae cracked!

It was bad...very very bad :(

God speed to him

his reaction to it looked WORSE then the white hit and then see him be literally dragged off.. ouch !

He was dragged off? I'm no expert but shouldn't a strecher be used in cases like this when there is a possible back injury?

Sitting here with freinds and we were debating the same thing. We saw him on all fours when they helped him up, nerve column.

Think a stretcher was needed but the trainers were right there. Such a damn downer after the game tonight and hope all will be well.

No word on the severity of the Nolan crosscheck. However with his past history of back problems it can not be g0od. :angry:

Nolan had to be helped off the ice with an obvious back injury with 10 seconds left in the game after being cross-checked by Robyn Regehr. No penalty was called and his condition was not known after the game.

That was a rough game for the Sharks-

They lost Nolan, Fahey & Ricci to injury, the blew a 2 goal lead and are now 10 points out of the playoff spot.

Drury netted a pair for the flames. :)

I havent seen the hit, so this is all specualtion on my part.. but you would think if the trainers thought it was a severe problem they would have used more caution in stabilizing him/neck/back etc. prior to taking him off the ice. I mean they are typically so over-cautious about that type of injury ....and if us as layfolk know that, then I feel confident in the trainers judgment. There must have been some dialogue between nolan and the trainers or perhaps a sign of some sort that he wasnt in serious jeopardy. Here is to hoping he will be fine.