THN Predicts Devils 4th In The Atlantic

Chico

derek the tsn profiles haven't been updated in years, at least not to my knowledge. i recall reading every one of them for the devils in around 2003 and they haven't changed since then.

69 PIMs in 69 games is NOT a big deal. people around here act like the guy is ken daneyko circa 1986.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White certainly takes his share of bad penalties. However, Jaromir Jagr had more penalty minutes than White, and he is a forward. I can live with bad penalties if they are physical, and White will do that sometimes.

Matvichuk is a 'key cog' despite having played about 80 games over 2 seasons with New Jersey? Better watch out when that key cog Thomas Pock gets injured for the Rangers.

Matvichuk's stellar play in last season's playoffs was because he'd sat out all year. Over a full season he's a 4th or 5th defender, maybe. I'd rank him our 7th most useful defender and hope that's the role he and Oduya will play for this team.

Who would you rather have out on the ice? Matvichuk or Johnny Oduya?

White and Matvichuk are your team's best two physical defensemen.

Who would you rather have out on the ice? Matvichuk or Johnny Oduya?

White and Matvichuk are your team's best two physical defensemen.

Someone forgot we signed Vitali Vishnevsky?

Matvichuk is okay. He's not all that physical anymore - more of a shot-blocker than a big-time hitter these days. Between Oduya and Matvichuk it's close - Oduya can move the puck out of the zone and add to the rush.

Someone forgot we signed Vitali Vishnevsky?

Matvichuk is okay. He's not all that physical anymore - more of a shot-blocker than a big-time hitter these days. Between Oduya and Matvichuk it's close - Oduya can move the puck out of the zone and add to the rush.

I didn't forget. I just don't think he's that good.

Devils 4rth???

Well...We lost Ralfaski and Scott Gomez..And replaced them by a Decent Scoring Flexible Center/Rw Zubrus, Who work more harder in the corners and lay some good hits than Gomez...I assume Zubrus will do 50-65points, Which is better than paying Gomez for about 6-7millions, and seeing Gomez scoring 60-80points.(Well, Gomez is more gifted talent wise than Zubrus.)

As for Ralfaski.. We replaced him by Vishnevski,Rachunek.Oh well, those two won't replace Ralfaski, Martin-Greene will both try to convert the lost of Ralfaski, Vitaly and Karel are both Depth Number 5-7 Defensemens moves,

Zajac and Parise will definately improve from their last season, and Coach Sutter will definately help them,Clarkson will have a shot for being the Number 3 RW, as he'll maybe be with Pandolfo-Madden...And for those who says that Madden and the checking line was poor..I'd like to point out Julien Sur-taxed them, Way too much.I hope Coach Sutter will try to mix the lines vs the Best oposite lines.

The difference from last year is, We'll be bigger,more organazid(For the Lines) More Depth on the Defense, and finnally, We'll not relay on Brodeur for the Games.And aslo..We'll finnaly see a 4rth line playing more than 3minutes.

I will be enjoy if The Devils finishs 1st-3rd.

Since We are in a very tought Division for the Offense.

Edited by TravisZajac

Remember when Colorado had Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne? That was a squad that was great on paper too. Did they turn out good? Hell no.

It takes more than a ridiculous good lineup to win games. Philadephia and New York will experience that first hand this season.

On a side note, I can't see Gomez playing anywhere but on the first line. He was such a baby about wanting to play against opposing team's first lines in New Jersey... maybe that's one thing NY promised him to get the deal...

Edited by Confusious

Remember when Colorado had Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne? That was a squad that was great on paper too. Did they turn out good? Hell no.

It takes more than a ridiculous good lineup to win games. Philadephia and New York will experience that first hand this season.

On a side note, I can't see Gomez playing anywhere but on the first line. He was such a baby about wanting to play against opposing team's first lines in New Jersey... maybe that's one thing NY promised him to get the deal...

The difference Btw Colorado and Rangers is...First, The Avalanche didn't have P.Roy in 2003-2004..Secondly, the reason why Selanne and Kariya didn't work out, is there was way too much Scorers on the team..And their defense didn't look good.

I mean..When you have Kariya,Forsberg,Sakic,Selanne,Hejduk,Tanguay..There has to be some Ego problems/Chemistry.

The difference Btw Colorado and Rangers is...First, The Avalanche didn't have P.Roy in 2003-2004..Secondly, the reason why Selanne and Kariya didn't work out, is there was way too much Scorers on the team..And their defense didn't look good.

I mean..When you have Kariya,Forsberg,Sakic,Selanne,Hejduk,Tanguay..There has to be some Ego problems/Chemistry.

Even still, you get what I mean?

Rangers do have a lot of potential offensive wise... but whom do they have defensively? I'm certain they'll score many goals, but their defence will let many go by too. Lundqvist is a good goalie, but he's not mature enough to do everything by himself.

Rangers do have a lot of potential offensive wise... but whom do they have defensively? I'm certain they'll score many goals, but their defence will let many go by too. Lundqvist is a good goalie, but he's not mature enough to do everything by himself.

why are people convinced of this? i don't get it. the rangers' defense is not very much worse than ours on paper, and could even be better in terms of GAA. Really, is

Malik-Roszival

Tyutin-Girardi

Mara-Pock

much worse than

White-Martin

Matvichuk-Greene

Vishnevsky-Rachunek

no - not at all.

it's possible the team could fall apart but i find it unlikely.

Humm...Henrik will be one of the top Goalies in the league, In his first 2seasons, He was nominated twice for the Vezina Trohpy..He also won a Gold Medal with Sweden.

And...The Rangers is much like our Defense..And don't forget, that there's good upcoming defensemens in Saguinetti and Marc Staal...