Rockies win the Wild Card Tie Breaker in Extra Innings

thefiestygoat

After giving up 2 runs in the 13th, they managed to get 3 runs off of Trevor Hoffman to clinch a post season birth for the first time since 1995. It was an insane game. It definitely ranks up there in the best games I have seen. Just amazing stuff.

There could be controversy though, as it looks like Holliday never actually touched the plate when he tagged up for the winning run. I wonder if the Padres will try to protest?

After giving up 2 runs in the 13th, they managed to get 3 runs off of Trevor Hoffman to clinch a post season birth for the first time since 1995. It was an insane game. It definitely ranks up there in the best games I have seen. Just amazing stuff.

There could be controversy though, as it looks like Holliday never actually touched the plate when he tagged up for the winning run. I wonder if the Padres will try to protest?

I have not been so enthralled with a baseball game in a good 15 years. The ending was amazing.

I'm happy for the Rockies. The Mets have overtaken the Rockies as my favorite team but I still have a soft spot for them. They were an expansion team right when I got into baseball as a kid so I attached to a team with no history whatsoever, hah.

This game is another example of why the MLB needs to use instant replay in certain situations. I don't care who won the game but that umpire had no idea if he was safe or not and looked like he just decided to go ah what the hell hes safe. The replay shows he clearly never touched the base. Sucks for the Padres and their fans but there is nothing you can do about it now.

This game is another example of why the MLB needs to use instant replay in certain situations. I don't care who won the game but that umpire had no idea if he was safe or not and looked like he just decided to go ah what the hell hes safe. The replay shows he clearly never touched the base. Sucks for the Padres and their fans but there is nothing you can do about it now.

I'm lazy anyone have a youtube link yet???

I agree completely. I can't believe there are actually people who disagree with this. Some knucklehead on ESPN last night said, "The spontaneity of the game is more important than getting stuff like this right." Unbelievable.

Could be controversy? Man if I'm a Padres player and see the replay now, I'm ready to hurl, but what a GREAT game...one for the ages

He touched it. Barely. His left hand got went across the edge.

Besides, the breaks evened out. The Rockies deserved to be in the playoffs. That they showed the type of character they did proved that.