Belfour wins his first game in Sweden.

dmitri

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=221839

The Canadian Press

10/31/2007 5:29:56 PM

LESKAND, Sweden - Veteran goalie Ed Belfour was a winner in his Swedish League debut Wednesday night.

The 42-year-old Belfour stopped 16 of 17 shots as Leksand beat Sundsvall 4-1 before crowd of 7,000 fans. It didn't start out too well as Belfour gave up a goal to Ivan Puncochar on the first shot he faced.

Leksand leads Sweden's second division and hopes to be promoted to the top league for the 2008-2009 season.

Belfour signed with Leksand after failing to catch on with an NHL club. He played for Florida last season.

------------

Good to see that Eddie the Eagle still plays.

Edited by dmitri

As long as he doesn't take on any cops or crash one of his sports cars, it could be a decent season for him.

Is it just me or has Eddie got that gun pointed pretty close to his head? B )

Dammit Eddie is awesomely crazy..I bet he was thinking the Moose was any of the goalies he EVER had to play with.....No matter what he does..beating up Alex Auld and telling Hasek to "stop acting like you're the starter.." is golden...Manitoba people are so awesome

Eddie will still be a hall of famer..i don;'t see why playing in sweden at the end of his career would have an effect on that?