Rock rarely shows Devils on Saturdays

msweet

http://www.northjersey.com/topic.php?qstr=...nFlZUVFeXkxMzM=

Saturday, December 1, 2007

By TOM GULITTI

STAFF WRITER

It's a shame the Devils don't have a game tonight.

Not that I'm trying to deny them a Saturday off. They have played on eight consecutive Saturdays since the start of the season.

The shame is that the NHL didn't schedule a Devils' game at Prudential Center tonight. They've had only one Saturday home game so far -- their sold-out arena opener Oct. 27 -- and have just five all season...

Instead they are playing the same time as the GIANTS

Bears :P

but yeah, any NHL that plays home games in the US during a football Sunday, they are farooqing INSANE and deserve no one being in the building!!

I hope next year, we can have more Devils home games on Saturday's especially night ones. We had a lot more prior to the 2003-2004 season when the NHL has been putting us on Friday nights mostly and Sunday afternoons. We should definitely have more Saturday night home games and fans will make it to the game more. Hopefully with the new schedule format it will happen next year. 5 Saturday home games is too low, I understand that we had the Nets share an Arena w/ us last year, but come on now that we have our own place, lets give the Devils more Saturday home games especially at night. The only Arena(s) that rarely show their team on Saturday's are I believe Chicago (United Center), Anaheim (Honda Center), and maybe Columbus (Nationwide Arena). Dallas and Colorado follow shortly there after.

Its somewhat understandable that they have an unbalanced home/road saturday ratio so far, because 3 of those were in the season opening road trip when our arena was being finished. But still, 7road 1 home so far?

Rest of the season: 12 Saturdays (4 home, 8 road)

20 total (5 home, 15 road). thats not fair.

Lou was speaking at a fan club meeting, and he said that they learned a valuable lesson this year. Not to give the league too many dates to choose from. The Devils gave the league lots of options so they choice to give us the friday and sundays. Next year the devils will give the league fewer dates to choose from.

That sucks too because I won't see the Devils on Tv playing a live game until Jan 24th, when the habs coming to Prudential Centre. If the Devils play on Saturday against the Leafs, then I'll have a chance to see them and the stupid TSN and RDS rarely broadcast the Devils. :evilcry: