Remember when Lundqvist's GAA was almost a goal lower than Marty&#

metallidevils

Here are the stats:

Brodeur: 32 games played (1909 mins), 18-12-2. 2.23GAA, .914 SV% and 3 SO

Lundqvist: also 32 games played (1902 mins), 16-13-3. 2.21GAA, .915 SV% and 6 SO

We'll see because Henrik at this point is still better.

But our backup is better though: No shutouts for both

Weekes: 5 games played: 2-1-1. 2.31GAA and a .919 SV%

Valiquette: 6 games played:1-2-1. 3.04GAA and a .889 SV%

Edited by Devil Fan

Henrik has not been good the past 3 weeks or so, with the exception of last night and the Penguins game. It happens, honestly I am not overly concerned. Happy about it? Of course not. However, the Devils and Brodeur are hot right now, we all know it is not going to continue for the whole season.

Of course now, youre getting all the excuses from Rangers fans about how bad the defensemen are in front of King Henrik.

Please.

Nah, the defense has never been good in front of him. Lundqvist bails them out more often than not. He has been off his game. The Colorado game on Friday showed it. When he is on, the first and third goals do not go in and the OT goal does not trickle past him for the easy tap-in.

Henrik has not been good the past 3 weeks or so, with the exception of last night and the Penguins game. It happens, honestly I am not overly concerned. Happy about it? Of course not. However, the Devils and Brodeur are hot right now, we all know it is not going to continue for the whole season.

Nah, the defense has never been good in front of him. Lundqvist bails them out more often than not. He has been off his game. The Colorado game on Friday showed it. When he is on, the first and third goals do not go in and the OT goal does not trickle past him for the easy tap-in.

You say the fact that the Devils and Brodeur are hot will not continue for the rest of the season. However, when Lundqvist plays like an average goalie, you say it is because he is off his game. Maybe he can't be hot forever and bail out his sub-par D all of the time, just like you claim the Devils will not be for the rest of the season.

Only further proof he should be playing more :koolaid:

I agree, but that's based on his play, not his stats. Let's not forget that Schwabby had a better save % than most goalies, too, but that didn't mean he should get significantly more playing time.

...not sure what this post accomplishes. I think I just wanted to get in a good Corey Schwab reference.