6 year old fakes father's death for Hannah Montana tix

Weekes Head

I think this girl needs some serious counseling. How could she fabricate such an intricate lie about her father being killed in Iraq? I mean she even had a date and cause of death...that's SICK! I'm sure she probably took a newspaper article or something and just copied it, but still! Did her mother have anything to do with this? If she did, that's even worse. How could you willingly let your six year old child write something like that? It's disgusting.

The least they should do is take the tickets away...

The article I read implied that they didnt know the essay had to be true, that they write them all the time.

So tahts even stranger. I really thought they were saying it as if the mom knew she lied but it was ok to win the contest cause it didnt say the story had to be true.

When I saw this earlier I instantly thought of my student.. she won tickets to Hannah Montana earlier in the month for the show at the Rock and she is the BIGGEST LIAR Ive ever had as a student. She makes up stories all the time.

She is 9 though, so I assume this was not her.

BUT, a few weeks ago we were talking about citizenship and I asked if anyone in the class was born in a different country...since I do have a few kids with heavy accents I thought it was pssible. She raised her hand and said she was born in Ireland. I said wow I didnt know that, how long did you live there. She said the day after she was born they came to America. :)

She is aso the student who tells me she is done with her work and then I secretly go look or tell her to bring it to me and its blank!

This was what I read on tmz and to me it seems like the mom was in on it.

Priscilla Ceballos, the mother of the young girl, had told the company sponsoring the contest that the girl's father died April 17 in a roadside bombing in Iraq. When the spokesman asked the girl's mom if the story was true, the mother said no. God bless America.

"We never said this was a true story," Ceballos told FOX 4 in Dallas. "We do essays all the time. My daughter does essays at school all the time. It never did say it had to be true, but [the contest organizer] said, 'That's what we expected.'" Duh!

Edited by langsgirl

I think this girl needs some serious counseling. How could she fabricate such an intricate lie about her father being killed in Iraq? I mean she even had a date and cause of death...that's SICK! I'm sure she probably took a newspaper article or something and just copied it, but still! Did her mother have anything to do with this? If she did, that's even worse. How could you willingly let your six year old child write something like that? It's disgusting.

The least they should do is take the tickets away...

Edited by nmigliore

Oh, my bad.. I hadnt read link.. just saw someone ask if the mother was involved.

:)

Im so bad at clicking links and reading full things.. which explains why i always dont understand things!!!!

And this six year old knows how to mail a letter and put the correct address on the envelope and stuff? Come on not at that age.. 6 years old is 1st grade, the kid is just learning how to read i doubt she can write a full letter.. or knows how to put the mailing address etc..

You didn't say anything about putting the address on it or writing the letter. It's obvious the mother helped and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not sure what all that has to do with this anyway.

A six year old can definitely stuff an envelope and put a stamp on it and walk to the mailbox and put it in there. They could probably even raise the flag.

Edited by nmigliore

You claimed the kid put it in an envelope and put a stamp and put it in the mailbox.. i just dont see a 6 year old doing that.. not to mention how and why would she have access to stamps? I can see the mother doing everything SO the child can get tickets.. A mother 'helping' her daughter write the letter doesn't seem right.. its more like the mother wrote it and mailed it (but obviously pretended to be the kid)

I claimed nothing of the sort. I said a six year could do it, I never said THAT six year old did it. Like I said, it's obvious the mother helped based on the links provided. The mother probably did write it and addressed the envelope. How hard is it to stuff an envelope and put a "sticker" on it and drop it in the mailbox? Not saying that kid did it but I bet she was capable.

I claimed nothing of the sort. I said a six year could do it, I never said THAT six year old did it. Like I said, it's obvious the mother helped based on the links provided. The mother probably did write it and addressed the envelope. How hard is it to stuff an envelope and put a "sticker" on it and drop it in the mailbox? Not saying that kid did it but I bet she was capable.