Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

HAHAHAHA

Those are fvcking collector's editions!!!!

You're going to a second home to watch hockey with friends... who will only punch you.... once...... each B )

THEY ARE COLLECTOR'S EDITIONS! We should have signed it before we gave it to you. damn!

It is like a second home!

If you guys are still around in 2 years, I'm SO there! :P

please I've been going there since 03

I ain't ready to stop now!

actually the way Andrew drives he should head on his way to get you now :lol:

Edited by CRASHER

Next Friday or Saturday road playoff game I am at the Tavern, its only 2 exits from me! I'll get someone to go, even if I need to tell a little white lie about our reasons for going.

as for my favorite tv shows:

Lost

South Park

Family Guy, though its gotten too preachy this season

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

Man vs. Food

Monday Night Raw

God, I wish I could drink... I wish I could drive... and I wish to hell my parents would let me alone at a bar in an area they've never been before in their entire lives so I could watch the game. But since neither of the aformentioned wishes will come true in the next 2 hours, I'm at a loss :(

My parents had a really good plan of action.

I could drink at 11 with dinner... A cup of wine or beer depending and usually NOT everyday or every other...

At 18 I could drink whenever I wanted, but I was not allowed to leave the hosue that day if I was going to drive. I applaud them for allowing this and I never once abused that rule. When I got to college "drinking" was not as cool and I concentrated on school work first. I think if more parents did this, policed their kids, underage drinking issues, DUI's, and detox visits would be down. The trust factor could be raised as well to help that bond that teenage years didn't always have. I was an only child who was not handed a car or much of anything else and I am thankful of it. I saw a lot of friends whose parents were strict with the booze and they did poorly, didn't complete, or turned into an exotic dancer because of it (the last one is a great story).

I might take you up on that DVD offer eventually.

I watch Top Chef occasionally, but Next Food Network Star more often (not really sure why...).

Also, I forgot about Ghosthunters, though it has kind of sucked for the past season or two.

Chef/Culinary shows are not as much fun when you are in the business. It is easy to get burned out putting in 60-80 hours a week. I'm ready to leave the field and sadly there is very little left in food that hasn't already been done. Fusion cusine used to be the hot new hope for food, but that ended in the early 2000's... Now we have a brand new trend that combines science and food. It is really in it's infant stages still, but beyond that (honestly) it has all been done before.

Try looking at: Wylie Dufresne and Molecular gastronomy.

Edited by Chorske17

My parents had a really good plan of action.

I could drink at 11 with dinner... A cup of wine or beer depending and usually NOT everyday or every other...

At 18 I could drink whenever I wanted, but I was not allowed to leave the hosue that day if I was going to drive. I applaud them for allowing this and I never once abused that rule. When I got to college "drinking" was not as cool and I concentrated on school work first. I think if more parents did this, policed their kids, underage drinking issues, DUI's, and detox visits would be down. The trust factor could be raised as well to help that bond that teenage years didn't always have. I was an only child who was not handed a car or much of anything else and I am thankful of it. I saw a lot of friends whose parents were strict with the booze and they did poorly, didn't complete, or turned into an exotic dancer because of it (the last one is a great story).

See, the laws in this country should reflect Britain, where I legally can (and will) drink this summer. Beer/wine at 16 with parents present, 18 alone, hard liquor at 21. The drinking problems there are significantly less, for a reason.

See, the laws in this country should reflect Britain, where I legally can (and will) drink this summer. Beer/wine at 16 with parents present, 18 alone, hard liquor at 21. The drinking problems there are significantly less, for a reason.

Moderation, a plan, and not doing something stupid because of "beer courage" are also good to have.

Moderation, a plan, and not doing something stupid because of "beer courage" are also good to have.

True, but that entirely falls on the parents, which, unfortunately, is a lot harder to change than a law.

Seriously. Half of the teen-drinking issues in this country are to purposely be defiant.. remove the "i'm a badass" affect of drinking, and I gaurentee it reduces the issue.

the other half would be not selling beer at live sporting events :P

the other half would be not selling beer at live sporting events :P

See, I don't agree with that just cause of the revenue it generates for teams. What they should do is allow the ushers to have breathalyzers and be able to check people whom they think are drunk, and if they are, not allow them to drive home, though I don't know how you'd prove if they were driving or taking the train or if that is at all legal.

Has someone taken your faith? Its real, the pain you feel The life, the love You die to heal The hope that starts The broken hearts Your trust, you must Confess

IS SOMEONE GETTING THE BEST, THE BEST,THE BEST OF YOU??? I love the Foo Fighters. My favorite band ever.

My favorite B-side of theirs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFXJUNL7eM

FAT..FVCKING...LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit: woops, lastone beat me to finishing Best of you :doh1:

Edited by RSC

See, I don't agree with that just cause of the revenue it generates for teams. What they should do is allow the ushers to have breathalyzers and be able to check people whom they think are drunk, and if they are, not allow them to drive home, though I don't know how you'd prove if they were driving or taking the train or if that is at all legal.

See and I don't care that it makes the teams money

the downside of idiots who can't handle it and the general safety of others is more relevant :P

Woot... rare sober post from bar B )

(CMON HYPOCRISY!!!)

You're there already? hot damn

wanted to ensure the flyers game, the devils game and the outlet for my laptop... coming sir??

(not to mention the columbus massacare via slingbox on the laptop)

wanted to ensure the flyers game, the devils game and the outlet for my laptop... coming sir??

(not to mention the columbus massacare via slingbox on the laptop)

Nah, I'm VERY cash-strapped at the moment and I'm probably going to the game on Thursday. I'll catch up with you guys there again soon though.