Official New Jersey Devils FACT or FICTION Thread

Cracker5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

factfiction_fh.gif

How to play: Answer the above post with a FACT or a FICTION and explain. After that, post your own "Fact or Fiction?" question.

FoF?

Marty Brodeur will win his 4th Vezina Trophy after this season.

Fiction

Luongo is almost a lock already

FoF

The Devils will trade for Mats Sundin?

All 5 Atlantic Division teams will make the playoffs.

Fiction, there are at least 1 or 2 chokers in the Division. I hoping it's the Rag's, but I have a feeling it might be the Isles.

Fact, or Fiction:

Brent Sutter will win the Jack Adams Trophey this year.

FoF?

The Devils lose, once again, in the second round of the playoffs.

Fiction.

This could be biased, but I just can't see the Devils coming 1st in the Atlantic advancing to the conference semis and then losing in 5 games...again.

I can see the 1st two parts--winning the division and advancing to the semis, but from there I'll think we'll at least go the conference finals.

Idk, it's just something about this team. They seem very hungry and seem to still have that bitter taste in their mouths from 2 seasons in a row of winning the division and losing in the conference semis by 5 games.

FoF?

The Devils will never introduce a third jersey, along with the other two teams with out a third jersey--Detroit and Carolina.

Fact. It, simply, is not Lou-like. They could make some money doing it, but I can't see it ever happening.

FoF?

Langs will be our captain for at least 3 more years.

Fact, given that I believe Sutter will actually stay in Jersey for at least three more years. Sutter doesn't strike me as the type of guy to name someone captain, then change his mind.

FoF?

Zach Parise will be the first Devil to break the 50-goal mark.

Fact or Fiction, The Devils make a block buster trade for more scoring up front by the trade deadline.

Fiction. Like I said before, one of our many second-or-third pair D-Men for a draft pick, and probably little else. Though such a trade might be fun, it's been a long time...

Face or Fiction, David Clarkson attempts at least one wraparound during tonights YoungStars competiton/game/thing.

I think the under/over for his wrap-around attempts is 4, and I'll take the over :koolaid: It's funny how he thinks its invincable now :giggle: .

FoF?

The Prudential Center will sell 90% or better in our playoff games this year.

Fact, but let's worry about making the playoffs first.

Staying on The Rock, Fact or Fiction, we'll sell out at least three more non-Devils/Rangers games before the end of the year.

Staying on The Rock, Fact or Fiction, we'll sell out at least three more non-Devils/Rangers games before the end of the year.

Do they have any more dollar hot dog/soda days? :P

I'm gonna say FACT.

However, those games they will sellout we'll be divisional games since the Atlantic is so competitive this year.

FoF?

Kevin Weekes will get 10+ starts this season.

FoF?

Marty skipping the All Star break gives him an advantage in the second half of the season different than in the last few years.

Fiction.

He's played extremely well after the All-Star break the past two seasons. It's to the point where he has to be damn near perfect to be any better.

FoF?

Marty will have 8+ shutouts before the season's end.

Fiction.

He's played extremely well after the All-Star break the past two seasons. It's to the point where he has to be damn near perfect to be any better.

FoF?

Marty will have 8+ shutouts before the season's end.

Fiction, our D just isn't good enough to allow for a total shutdown on Marty's part that often. Also, I NEVER see Marty's shutouts in person, and I'm attending a majority of remaining home games, so most of those shutouts would have to come on the road. :P

Fact or Fiction: Cam Janssen will have spot on this time when he returns from injury.

Fact or Fiction: Cam Janssen will have spot on this time when he returns from injury.

Fact.

The guy's a beast and I think the Devils really miss having such a hard-hitter that puts fear in the other team's eyes.

FoF?

The Devils will miss the playoffs the year after Marty retires.

Fiction.

By then, I think the Devils defense will improve drastically.

FoF?

More than half of Marty's records will never be broken.

FoF?

More than half of Marty's records will never be broken.

Fact.

I can see the single-season wins record falling with the advent of the shootout. But his string of 30+, 35+, and 40+ wins seasons is a remarkable testament to consistency and good health. He'll eventually own the overall wins and shutout records too, and I don't see them getting broken either.

FoF: Newark will host an All-Star game within the next ten years.

Factish. I don't see anyone else getting their number retired from this current crop unless we get all misty-eyed over Pando or Madden once their gone, like a certain NYC group aparently did over Adam Graves :rolleyes:

Fact Or Fiction: The Devils won't get a win over a New York team this season.

(I should note that it's WAY easier to come up with answers than questiony statements in this thread, hah)

Fiction. This is the time of the year when the Devils always play their best and the Rags always play their worst. Either nature will take its course or Sutter will find a way to trick the team into thinking they're playing the Flyers.

FoF

Brent Sutter is the next GM of the New Jersey Devils.

Fact. He built up the Red Deer Rebels into the Jr. club they are now. He is being groomed for the job.

FoF

With winless records against the Rangers and Islanders along with an 0-2 record on Dolllar Hot Dog Nights, the Devils will try to turn two negatives into a positive and hold the next Dollar Hot Dog Night(s) against the Rangers or Islanders.

Fact, the fourth seed is probably going to whoever comes in second in Northeast, with whoever comes in second in the Atlantic taking the #5. I'd be comfortable with that, though.

Fact or Fiction: Doc Emrick has singlehandedly decided to destroy the other local teams by distracting their goalies at key moments. Tonight's interview with Rick DiPietro in the opening seconds of the All Star Game was only the beginning of his nefarious plan.

Fact, although distraction won't be his only ploy. Step 2 is to saw three feet off the top of Lundqvist's pads so that they'll only extend 20" over the tops of his knees.

FoF:

20-30 years from now, the Brodeur-era Devils will be remembered as a dynasty.