Official New Jersey Devils FACT or FICTION Thread

Cracker5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact, Tickets are well over priced and no one will be able to go next year, because they spent all their money this year.

FoF:

Chico Eats segment will still be shown by the end of the season?

Fact. But they will begin running out of foods. He will try delicacies such as popcorn, pretzels, and Carvel by the end of the season. "Oh, Doc, this popcorn is the best in the league. No body pops popcorn like whoever that guy is over there in that booth."

FoF: Lou makes a big, out of nowhere, old school Lou style move at the deadline.

Fact. But they will begin running out of foods. He will try delicacies such as popcorn, pretzels, and Carvel by the end of the season. "Oh, Doc, this popcorn is the best in the league. No body pops popcorn like whoever that guy is over there in that booth."

FoF: Lou makes a big, out of nowhere, old school Lou style move at the deadline.

Fact. Maybe I'm hepped up on goofballs, but I kind of currently think he will. Even though there's little evidence to make me logically believe it and my brain says no, my heart and gut and entire torso area says yes.

Fact or Fiction: The four-goal defensive output on Saturday was NOT an abberation, but the beginning of a trend of our defense contributing offensively.

To answer yours which was so rudely skipped (jk) I believe that is fiction... the 10's will most likely be 20's. The 36's will be around 50's, I think about a 10 dollar increase on everything is to be expected.

Now to answer yours, I believe that is fiction. The Devils are already rumored to be shopping him, and there's no point in keeping a guy thats not going to dress, which looks like the case right now.

Now my turn, FoF?

David Clarkson will develope to be as skilled as Jason Arnott. God knows how much he resembles him to me, imo.

Fiction. Clarkie just doesn't have the skill set Arnott had/has. I can see him either being a McKay or a Holik. McKay if he settles into a role as a physical tone-setter who can contribute from time to time on the scoresheet. Holik if his head gets big and he demands a larger role in the scoring department. Here's hoping for another McKay.

FoF:

There are currently at least two guys in the Devils' farm system who will be consistent 20+ goal scorers in the NHL one day.

Fiction. Clarkie just doesn't have the skill set Arnott had/has. I can see him either being a McKay or a Holik. McKay if he settles into a role as a physical tone-setter who can contribute from time to time on the scoresheet. Holik if his head gets big and he demands a larger role in the scoring department. Here's hoping for another McKay.

FoF:

There are currently at least two guys in the Devils' farm system who will be consistent 20+ goal scorers in the NHL one day.

Fact. I'll go out on a limb and say Bergfors and Clarke reach their potential.

FoF: Marty will have over 650 wins when he retires.

Fact. I'll go out on a limb and say Bergfors and Clarke reach their potential.

FoF: Marty will have over 650 wins when he retires.

Fiction. He will have 700. Easily. Oh wait. 700 is also more than 650. So...Fact.

FoF: Assuming the Devils average attendance falls someone between 15000-15400 at the end of this year, it will increase in the 2008-09 season.

Fact: As the negative Newark stigma fades and the downtown redevelopment continues, attendance will rise. We won't see it peak, though, until Triangle Park and all the other goodies are completed.

FoF:

The $10 seats will still cost $10 next season.

Fact: As the negative Newark stigma fades and the downtown redevelopment continues, attendance will rise. We won't see it peak, though, until Triangle Park and all the other goodies are completed.

FoF:

The $10 seats will still cost $10 next season.

I will say fact only because I believe Sutter is here for the long run, so if the Devils are gonna pull one off in the next decade, it will be with him. You know, if all goes as planned, haha...

FoF: The Devils will never have a #13 jersey.

Fact, easily. In the next 21 games, expect him to net... oh.. 16 or 17 goals I'd imagine. He steps it up at the end of the year, and that's a fact. Next year, who knows what will happen, but better to have faith, so yeah fact.

FoF?

Zach Parise will shatter Brian Gionta's record of most goals by a Devil in the season within the next 5 years, assuming he is a Devil for all 5 of those years.

Fiction: I guess it depends on what you consider "shattering" Gionta's record. I think Parise MIGHT end up with 53 in a season, at most, but even that is a long shot, in my opinion. Gionta had a fluke year when everything went right. If we added some other snipers to the lineup, maybe Parise could pass the 48 mark, but I just don't see it.

(Oh, and 16-17 more goals from Elias for the rest of the year? LOVE THE OPTIMISM!)

FoF: Instead of losing talent left and right, the Devils are actually going to SIGN some big name free agents this summer. If so, who?

I'm gonna try to get this board going again, and it's pointless to answer the above question.

FoF?

The Devils' defense this year is better than last year's D with Brian Rafalski.

Fact. The devil's D this year is INCREDIBLE. There's rarely a playable rebound off of Brodeur. They were good last year, but this season they just seem to really be on top of the loose pucks. Plus, they are bigger, and more aggressive.

FoF?

The Devils will win every game against the Rangers from here on out this season.

Fact. The devil's D this year is INCREDIBLE. There's rarely a playable rebound off of Brodeur. They were good last year, but this season they just seem to really be on top of the loose pucks. Plus, they are bigger, and more aggressive.

FoF?

The Devils will win every game against the Rangers from here on out this season.

I say fact. At the rate he is racking up points, I think its only a matter of time and whether or not he can stay healthy. He is single handedly, dispelling the myth that a player on the Devils can't be productive offensively. He is well on his way to a 2nd consecutive 30+ goal season and he will continue to get better.

FoF?

The Devils are the team to beat in the Eastern conference? (Answer with your head not your heart)

Fact. If I was a Montreal/Ottawa, etc. fan, the one team I really wouldn't want to play 7 games with would be the Devils.

FoF: The Devils will eclipse 50 wins this season. (They'd have to go 11-3)

FACT. He isn't looking for a ton of money and is a prototypical Devils defenseman. It would really surprise me if Lou didn't re-sign him.

FoF:

By next season, all glitches will be worked out and the Rock will finally have one of the best ice surfaces in the NHL.