CLOCK TICKIN' ON DEVS DEAL

SC Devs Fan

CLOCK TICKIN' ON DEVS DEAL

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02132008/sport..._deal_97451.htm

"If you can have more time together, it's a benefit," said Langenbrunner, traded with Joe Nieuwendyk to New Jersey at the 2002 deadline. "You know what you have and there's an opportunity to play together. It gives the guys who get traded a chance to settle in.

"It wasn't until the next year when you felt like that was your team."

I want to give mad props to the Devils coaches, and the players too.

This is the team in the HAIRY MIDDLE of rebuilding. This is not a rebuilt team, it's literally being rebuilt in front of us, and we're still in playoff contention. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

If Lou makes a move, and he's looking to, I'm sure it will be eyes on the future.

This article is clearly BS speculation. But I would love to have Olli Jokinen and Joni Pitkanen on this team. Those are the two names I haven't heard in rumors before and Jokinen has a terrific contact. Pitkanen is RFA this year which is def more attractive than Boyle who's an UFA and paid more as is.

I want to give mad props to the Devils coaches, and the players too.

This is the team in the HAIRY MIDDLE of rebuilding. This is not a rebuilt team, it's literally being rebuilt in front of us, and we're still in playoff contention. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

If Lou makes a move, and he's looking to, I'm sure it will be eyes on the future.

Jokinen would be a nice addition to the Devils. He is a proven goal scorer and provide some much needed offensive output. He is a -9 on the season and a -63 for his career so his defensive side of the game would need some work.