Bettman likes outdoor game in Chicago

SatansDevils

Bettman likes the next outdoor game to be played in Chicago possibly the Cubs wrigley Field. I think it would have more fans in the Bears Soilder Field. It sold out in the Bills stadium and don't see why they can't have it in the Bears stadium.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=231312&hubname=nhl

CHICAGO - An outdoor game in Chicago "would make a lot of sense" to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, and the site could be the "Frozen Confines" of Wrigley Field.

Bettman did not commit to staging one in the Windy City during a news conference on Wednesday, but he said the emerging Blackhawks are on the list to host one - possibly next season.

Bettman likes the next outdoor game to be played in Chicago possibly the Cubs wrigley Field. I think it would have more fans in the Bears Soilder Field. It sold out in the Bills stadium and don't see why they can't have it in the Bears stadium.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=231312&hubname=nhl

When it comes to the outdoor game the weather has zero factor with the exception of putting it in a place where outdoor ice can freeze in January or February (I-70 or north, preferably I-80 or north). Wind, snow, whatever it doesn't matter in terms of playing a "true game". Wrigley has the historic atmosphere but it has very limited club seats/skyboxes and modern ammenties. While it isn't on the lake its only 5 blocks from lake so the wind argument is nil between it and Soldier Field and even US Celular Field (about 8 blocks inland). If its windy in Chicago its windy everywhere with it being the worse around the canyons created by the downtown buildings.

A Chicago game I'd see either Detroit or Pittsburgh again (going on the Syd celebrity again) being the opponent. I do like the New Years Day scheduling of the game as a new NHL tradition.

I didn't like it since it disrupted the flow of the game. I got tired of them having to clear the ice for 5 minutes after every couple of plays. Made the game unwatchable and boring.

Which is exactly why I thought the game did exactly the opposite of what it was supposed to do. They wanted new viewers who weren't hockey fans, and when they stopped the game every five minutes or so, many of the non-hockey fans probably changed the channel.

I still think its worth a good idea that should be done again, and Chicago is a great place to do it, imo.