Ranking the playoff goaltenders

eaglejelly

1. Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils

At 35, Brodeur is still the best there is, arguably the best ever. This season, he ranks within the top five in games played, GAA, save percentage and wins. With a 1.92 career postseason GAA, including three Stanley Cups, there is no one better at this time of year. Of the 16 playoff teams, only Anaheim has scored fewer goals, so Brodeur will need to be perfect this postseason. He usually is.

At 35, Brodeur is still the best there is, arguably the best ever. This season, he ranks within the top five in games played, GAA, save percentage and wins. With a 1.92 career postseason GAA, including three Stanley Cups, there is no one better at this time of year. Of the 16 playoff teams, only Anaheim has scored fewer goals, so Brodeur will need to be perfect this postseason. He usually is.

My rankings would be

1. Hasek (old, but until proven otherwise...great in the clutch. He's rested and ready to go)

2. Brodeur

3. Giguere

4. Lundqvist

5. Nabokov

6. Kiprusoff

7. Turco

8. Huet

9. Biron

10. Backstrom

11. Price

12. Fleury

13. Thomas

14. Gerber

15. Ellis/Mason

Giguere is overrated, and any list that has him over Nabokov is suspect.

This is Nabokov's year...and the Vezina is still his to lose.

Giguere benefits soley from the defense in front of him THIS year, he will be exposed as a fraud when he doesn't get to only play half the playoff games like last year. Poor Anaheim doesn't have two starters this year and its going to show.

I rank Giguere at the bottom and hope he injures himself in Game 1, Period 1 in return for robbing Marty of his rightful Conn Smythe.

I have a feeling that Carey Price is ready for the show.

Arguably? Pfft! He IS the greatest goalie ever, and will always be the greatest goalie ever. No one will EVER break his wins record after he sets it next year. I guess I should expect that kind of talk since Marty plays for a team that doesn't get TV coverage because it's "boring" hockey.