OOT Scoreboard 5-3 (SC Playoffs - Round 2 - Game 5.)

SatansDevils

There is only one game on tap for tonight and it is another elimination game possibly for the Philadelphia Flyers to close out this series vs. the Montreal Canadiens on Versus (HD) @ 7 p.m.

This series has not been a good one for the Canadiens as their goalie Price has not played very well. Halak lost a tough Game 4 in Philadelphia but the Canadiens are back home here for Game 5 and they must win or go home as the #1 seed in the EC. The Flyers and Biron have been playing well suprising so far in this round and they can close this series with a win.

I think the Canadiens win Game 5 here at home infront of a frenzy of a crowd to force a Game 6 in Philadelphia. If the Canadiens lose Game 5 and the series their fans are going to burn the city down to the ground and there will be looting everywhere.

Tonight's Game 5 will be on Versus (HD) @ 7 p.m.

Lets Go Canadiens!

Sat May 3, 2008

Flyers @ Canadiens 7:00 PM ET VERSUS (HD), CBC (HD), RDS (HD) CSN-PH (HD) XM 204

Flyers leads series 3-1.

Lets Go Canadiens! I want to see another 3-1 series choke by the Flyers! :evil:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Blanc Rouge!

Looks like Montreal is going back with Carey Price in goal tonight for Game 5. He has to play a lot better here and get the win tonight for Montreal or they go home. Price hopes he can play like NYR Lundqvist and get a win.

Lets Go Canadiens!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=36236...mp;service=page

Rookie Price back in goal as Canadiens look to stave off elimination

MONTREAL - Rookie goaltender Carey Price says he feels rested and ready to play the most important game of his young NHL career.

A loss by his Montreal Canadiens on Saturday night (7 p.m. ET) to Philadelphia, which leads their best-of-seven playoff series 3-1, would send the Canadiens packing for the summer and put the Flyers into the Eastern Conference final for the first time since 2000.

A struggling Price was replaced in goal for Game 4 on Wednesday night in Philadelphia, a 4-2 Flyers win, after having been yanked for the third period of a 3-2 loss in Game 3 in favour of back-up Jaroslav Halak.

After winning the series opener in overtime, the top-seeded Canadiens have matched their season high by losing three straight times to the sixth-seeded Flyers.

"I feel a lot better," Price said Friday after a late-afternoon practice. "Having a couple of good days of practice really makes a big difference.

"I worked hard and it did a lot of good. I was just getting worn out a little. I played a lot of games in a row (13). It was good to be able to get a mental break. It was a pause more than a setback. Every once in a while you need a break and the last game was a good time."

The entire team was given the day off on Thursday and Price spent his free time taking in a movie (88 Minutes) and playing arcade games with some teammates.

They all hope the break is what was needed to recharge the batteries for the daunting task ahead - trying to beat the Flyers three times in a four-night span.

Edited by SatansDevils

Pretty good period for the Canadiens as they came out to play and looked like the desperate team. Price playing well and Biron making some big saves or this could have been 4-1 Canadiens.

End of the 1st period and the Canadiens up 2-1 over the Flyers.

Lets Go Canadiens!

PHI 1

MTL 2

END 1st

FVCK the FLYERS!!!

Edited by SatansDevils

the hold call against montreal was one of the worst calls i've ever seen

That was a terrible call, that's the kind of b/s call the Habs normally get at home, seems like the fans are influencing some of the calls( what's new) maybe they called that bad one out of guilt for the Flyers ?

I guess this is a different crew tonight in Toronto and wished they were doing the Sharks and Stas Game 5 last night then the Sharks would have been done. Referee Koharski is just as bad as Devorski though.

Flyers score to make it 3-2 now Canadiens in the 2nd period. Canadiens had a huge PK and that 5 on 3 PK was big.

PHI 2

MTL 3

5:18 2nd

Lets Go Canadiens!!!

Fvck the Flyers!!!

Goal Flyers, 3-2 Habs.

Looks like Carbonneau (sp) has a loogie on his head.

Yeah I noticed that too. I guess that is a patch of grey hair there on his head. :P

Edited by SatansDevils

I have been a Devils fan since 1986 and had a built-in hatred for the Flyers. At the beginning of this series I wanted Montreal to beat the snot out of Philly so bad that the Flyers would refuse to play game 4.

I'm finding it VERY HARD not to root for the Flyers right now. Montreal has played "who cares/whatever" hockey since Game 5 of the Boston series and has become very hard to friggen root for.

Philly is full of a bunch of cheap shot bastards but at least they have some fvcking heart.

Flyers Umberger scores his second goal of this game and we are all tied up at 3-3 here in the 2nd period. Canadiens blowing a 3-1 lead here in the 2nd period. :argh:

This is turning into a pleasant day, my soccer team in England got promoted to the second tier from the third tier.

AND NOW THE FLYERS TAKE THE LEAD 4-3 :boogie::dance: