Rangers Brass Nervous?

CMONPETEYD

So I was thinking about this today......

If Hossa, Sundin, Campbell do not sign with the Rangers......

And Jagr goes to Russia....

You could make a case that they will be in a lot of trouble this yr. They better get one of the prizes.

I have no doubt they will, but oh how great would it be if they fail tomorrow.

the rangers are an attractive team for a FA to play for nowadays considering they still overpay, are achieving the same level of success as us, and play in NYC. I would say the Rangers have an advantage over us in signing most FAs, no doubt. It's hard to see no FAs signing with them.

It would be awesome, but if guys start dropping off the board, Sather will get trigger happy and offer someone a really really stupid contract. They've got the cap room to play with.

They really dont have alot of cap room to play with. Yes right now it is 23 million dollars but they only have 13 players under contract for next season. Lets say they give Hossa or Campbell 7 million they will have over 32 million dollars tied up in 4 players (Gomez,Lundqvist, Drury, Hossa/Campbell) Good luck fielding the rest of your team.

They really dont have alot of cap room to play with. Yes right now it is 23 million dollars but they only have 13 players under contract for next season. Lets say they give Hossa or Campbell 7 million they will have over 32 million dollars tied up in 4 players (Gomez,Lundqvist, Drury, Hossa/Campbell) Good luck fielding the rest of your team.

yea thats true, didnt even consider that.

Well with luck, they sign someone and put the onus of the team on 4-5 guys for the next 5-6 years.

I really hope they don't get Sundin or Hossa though.

the rangers are an attractive team for a FA to play for nowadays considering they still overpay, are achieving the same level of success as us, and play in NYC. I would say the Rangers have an advantage over us in signing most FAs who are all about themselves and not the team and just want to be the center of attention and don't care about winning, no doubt. It's hard to see no FAs signing with them.

Fixed.

We're an attractive team to guys who want to play for a competitive team every year and they can go out and live their lives under the radar, yet still live within spitting distance of NYC.