Would you do this trade?

SC Devs Fan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have anything against the guy, I just think its a pipe dream to pick up a great dman with retreads that some think will get him. You are not going to get a #1 dman for a wing on the decline, a dman who can't make our roster and a draft pick... although I hope we can!

I don't have anything against the guy, I just think its a pipe dream to pick up a great dman with retreads that some think will get him. You are not going to get a #1 dman for a wing on the decline, a dman who can't make our roster and a draft pick... although I hope we can!

110% agree.

I still think Zajac, Gionta, Greene or Brookbank and a pick can land him.

I don't know about that..He's worth more than the names mentioned...even though Zajac would be the most possible i doubt that they would trade JB for him right now

i don't want anything i say to be taken as a misconception, but like many other posters i like elias, gionta, and zajac. i think they are players that fit the team well and they all want to be here. with that being said, we don't have the level of defensemen to put this team into serious contention with the western powers that are only getting better. so, since we have more room on offense and there are teams willing to move their top defensmen, why not send our expendable O-men for something we need the most?

i don't want anything i say to be taken as a misconception, but like many other posters i like elias, gionta, and zajac. i think they are players that fit the team well and they all want to be here. with that being said, we don't have the level of defensemen to put this team into serious contention with the western powers that are only getting better. so, since we have more room on offense and there are teams willing to move their top defensmen, why not send our expendable O-men for something we need the most?

i think gio has to be the one to go. Zajac needs more time and everyone talks of the sophomore slump but still wants him gone. bergfors should be on the team unless he does nothing at all in camp.

Good points...

I like Chicago though, they're my favourite team in the west and second only to Devils. I wouldn't really want to see Keith leave and see Vish play instead. :giggle:

Then again, they're pretty good now that they have Campbell. He'll log a lot of minutes, and Keith will probably decline in eating time now.

Elias has a NMC. He's not going anywhere, first of all, so get that out of your head.

Secondly, Bouw WANTS out of Florida ever since Olli Jokinen was traded. It's not a matter of them offering him money, because they can. He just DOESN'T WANT BACK.

Also Chicago has an attractive trade piece (to someone) with Khabibulin having an expiring contract next year. After signing Huet, they're locked into 12 mill this year to two goaltenders.

If Chicago does anything they'll move Khabibulin at the deadline, but I doubt they do anything to their core.

no...

he's got the NTC

elias is a lifer...if they traded patty i'd probably take a time out from following the devils, it would just suck.

While I respect this position, any move of a guy like Elias is clearly a business move. I wouldnt like it either, but if its the best thing for the team (which we wont know until after the fact) then Im all for it. They could trade Marty, but it would hardly move me in terms of my love for the team. It's not about the players to me, while they are the key to everything, its the logo more than anything. I may not agree or like decisions made, but I could not even consider turning my back on the team for even a day because of the business decisions, be it good or bad. Sure, slam them, but no way turn my back.

I'm not insinuating at all that Elias is expendable, because I think he bounces back big time this year, espc if Rolston is centering him, but if that was the piece required to get a defender who would likely be with us for years and provide that security blanket that we lack in the back end, its something to at the very least explore, but not necessarily do without weighing other options and the pros and cons, espc with a guy like Patty.

you make valid points.

i've been a devils fan since the mid-80's, so i would not jump on another teams band wagon.

i'd just be pissed if they moved patty, he is a heart and soul player...one of the rare type of players that you can tell has a special reverance for what he does on the ice, his place in the organization.

i also dig his subtle skate passes and deflections...he's the best at that...it's insane.