2008 Fantasy Football Draft!

CRASHER

Seriously, it's not brain surgery here. Stay at 3 or pick another spot and let's get this thing rolling by next week before people DO forget or lose interest :P

Or we just use a random draft generator which takes a few min and we begin drafting

Alright

seeing how silly this is getting (and enjoyable :P) this is getting... Manta's got till 11pm tonight to make his pick or just get slotted into the #3 slot anyway

an autopick in the pick selection... gotta love it! :argh: :argh:

So I stomped my foot down and gave Manta the #3 pick, also of course asking Brian who wants the #4 pick... so Has... you're up... make it count (I also know what Iggy is taking with the #1 pick so we can start drafting too if y'all want, since there seems to be a modified hurry about it....)

When is the live draft?

Probably starting as soon as people pick the Farooqing draft order :rant:

(should be soon... and it seems we already know who the #1 and #2 picks will be)

When is the live draft?

It's not a live draft, it's a board draft (again). If we start in the next couple of days we 'should' have enough time to run through it before the season. Fortunately I'll be able to look at picks during lunch this year though I'm still otherwise indisposed during work.

And only three people left to pick their draft positions - ayl, DevilsMJ and Clown with Masked getting the leftover :P

Edited by Hasan4978

It's not a live draft, it's a board draft (again). If we start in the next couple of days we 'should' have enough time to run through it before the season. Fortunately I'll be able to look at picks during lunch this year though I'm still otherwise indisposed during work.

And only three people left to pick their draft positions - ayl, DevilsMJ and Clown with Masked getting the leftover :P

My bad, I was thinking the hockey draft which is live. I remember the long thread from this last year.

Again, just notify everyone before it happens.

As long as I am running this league it will NEVER be a live draft :P

it's impossible to get 12 people in the same place at the same time on the internet and the dynamic of the post by post draft to me is always fun and amusing... and it's DIFFERENT...I'm in 4 leagues this year and any and all mixing up I can do all the better!!

it's impossible to get 12 people in the same place at the same time on the internet and the dynamic of the post by post draft to me is always fun and amusing... and it's DIFFERENT...I'm in 4 leagues this year and any and all mixing up I can do all the better!!

It is entertaingly chaotic and I look forward to the texts that we will send 'your pick is up' and my infamou$ call to you when I was at Foxwood$ to phone in a selection: Now THAT is dedication!!!

So the only thing left to say is::

CMON AYLBERT

CMON DEVIL$MJ

and....

CMON ME!

I like the concept, I wish I could do it in hockey but with 20 teams and less than a month from the time the league gets filled till the start of the season it'd just be too much of a pain to finish it before the season. Maybe this year I'll scale back the number of teams in that league though, cause too many of them were dead teams last year.

The most frustrating times with the board draft are when three or four different people are around but the one that needs to make the pick isn't, then by the time that one guy makes a pick the other ones that come after him aren't around.

Speaking of which looks like this one's going to be another delay. How long do we give DevilsMJ before slotting him in? He hasn't even logged into the board in a week.

We need to put a move on this... so he has till I get back from hockey tonight (anytime before 8 and 9pm).. then we just move into actual drafting and I know what Iggy's #1 pick is so it's all good!! :thumbsup:

I like the concept, I wish I could do it in hockey but with 20 teams and less than a month from the time the league gets filled till the start of the season it'd just be too much of a pain to finish it before the season. Maybe this year I'll scale back the number of teams in that league though, cause too many of them were dead teams last year.

The most frustrating times with the board draft are when three or four different people are around but the one that needs to make the pick isn't, then by the time that one guy makes a pick the other ones that come after him aren't around.

Speaking of which looks like this one's going to be another delay. How long do we give DevilsMJ before slotting him in? He hasn't even logged into the board in a week.

My proposal to keep the draft moving is find 3 people in the draft (one who picks early, one in the middle and one late) to be a person to receive picks in case that person cannot be online, so that will keep most aspects of te draft moving, and this will be especially good for Labor Day Weekend coming up.

Well I'm back from hockey and he ain't picked his spot... so he gets the next spot (I think #9 right?)

so... I'll give him till morning... them PM him... if he does not answer said PM in one day it's CMON TEAM FOURTEEN!! :P

I don't want to have to be a goddamn babysitter here with people and telling them to draft :P

(I also know what Iggy is taking with the #1 pick so we can start drafting too if y'all want, since there seems to be a modified hurry about it....)
(should be soon... and it seems we already know who the #1 and #2 picks will be)

Insider information!

Shenanigans!!!!