The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Nice to finally meet Doug, 3Cup, Tyler, Andrew T.and Mike D. and his friend (whom I am sorry I forgot his name). Of course Jordan, Brad, Andrew E, Ken, Jen, and Jamie Q were nice to see again as well.

A couple of observations from the equipment/day...

-My rolston stick has black tape on the blade... I've found NONE with that tape job in any pictures yet.

-Brylin uses Red Tape for away games near the butt end and white tape for home games. The first home and away stick guy I've ever seen.

-Lags gloves have dots on the Warrior logo below the palm heading towards your wrist. From reviewing photos this appears to be when the gloves were worn in terms of the period. I've seen many with 1 dot and 2 dots, but no photos of him wearing three dots (any help would be appreciated).

-I recieved a nasty anonimous email about the draft day concerning me and several of us. The AOL account has since been deleted that it was sent from, but there are some interesting facts in the email that only someone who knew us would know. I saved the email.

-I tried matching my two game used sticks that were dated... NOT one picture in my inventory on either 1/29 Shanny, and 12/04 Lags... any help from you guys?

-Lastly, my photos are up too. I have trouble doing the stick photos though so they are not.

Nice to finally meet Doug, 3Cup, Tyler, Andrew T.and Mike D. and his friend (whom I am sorry I forgot his name). Of course Jordan, Brad, Andrew E, Ken, Jen, and Jamie Q were nice to see again as well.

-My rolston stick has black tape on the blade... I've found NONE with that tape job in any pictures yet.

-Brylin uses Red Tape for away games near the butt end and white tape for home games. The first home and away stick guy I've ever seen.

-Lags gloves have dots on the Warrior logo below the palm heading towards your wrist. From reviewing photos this appears to be when the gloves were worn in terms of the period. I've seen many with 1 dot and 2 dots, but no photos of him wearing three dots (any help would be appreciated).

-I recieved a nasty anonimous email about the draft day concerning me and several of us. The AOL account has since been deleted that it was sent from, but there are some interesting facts in the email that only someone who knew us would know. I saved the email.

-I tried matching my two game used sticks that were dated... NOT one picture in my inventory on either 1/29 Shanny, and 12/04 Lags... any help from you guys?

-Lastly, my photos are up too. I have trouble doing the stick photos though so they are not.

Matt,

Please forward me the nasty email.

Also, I don't have any photos of those dates, mostly because out photo inventories are pretty much identical! Did you look at the stuff I gave you on the flash drive yet?

I did find some high resolution shots of Shanahan from the date of both mine and my brother's stick, but haven't found a match yet.

Matt, I forget...what sticks did you end up getting?

Matt,

Awesome Chorske!!! Hope you don't mind me showing it off for you:

2997043620101104646S500x500Q85.jpg

2034202270101104646S500x500Q85.jpg

And the Marshall is great too! I heard that as the night went on, they were willing to discount the jerseys more and more. We'll have to keep this in mind for next year!

2240498540101104646S500x500Q85.jpg

2129931380101104646S500x500Q85.jpg

I never got down to the equipment side of the floor. (I got there around 6:15 saw the mass of humanity decided against going down even when it thinned out.) Were the price of the jerseys comparable to the marketplace?

I never got down to the equipment side of the floor. (I got there around 6:15 saw the mass of humanity decided against going down even when it thinned out.) Were the price of the jerseys comparable to the marketplace?

In my opinion, the jerseys were priced a bit high ($600 for many) but you could bargain with them and get a nice discount ($400ish)

I heard that at the end of the night, they were willing to sell $600 jerseys for $300. Can't verify this for sure, but that's what I was told.

I cant figure out how to photograph my sticks either.

Holy....i missed that.....i haven't looked at that site since Thursday night.

You've got to be kidding me with some of the stuff i read.

Should i get involved in this?

I wouldn't bother, it seems that those losers have been put in there place thanks to a few forum members stepping up and acknowledging that they heard about the sale beforehand despite nobody posting about.

I am sick of people complaining about not getting and that the people who got have no lives. With my job and commute on NYC I have no time for anything. I was damn lucky my company has 1pm Fridays in the summer or else there was no way I would have been able to go. People who are badmouthing us should just get to know how nice everyone is. You were all so welcoming and cool (as you are on the boards). We all have lives and if you plan time off on advance you can come early. Also everyone was looking for a righty stick to play with and people were so pissed that there weren't any. I had some rude ass people come to me and as to buy my rightys. I got as high as $80! All you have to do is open a media guide and you can see that there aren't many righties!

Jordan,

I'm sorry you were harassed for that crap. I cannot tell you how close I was to posting. My wife threatened me with harm if I got involved. Now you know why I'm "DONE" with that site. Just read that site and email if you see something you want. Contributing even in the most innocent way (Devils Draft Day Sale Whatcha' Get, I met Grant Marshall and he authenticated a sweater and anything else) can lead to that crap.

I am really happy with the day. The one incident with line jumper couldn't ruin my day. Meeting Doug, Tyler, Andrew T. Mike D. and Tom was well worth it too. Meeting Mike Martin would've been great too (HINT for next year). Here is my score:

Chorske sweater

Marshall sweater

Lags Warrior Gloves

Marshall Misson Gloves

Lags Warrior Stick 12/04

Shanahan Warrior Stick 1/29

Rolston Easton Stick W/TAPED Butt (SCORE!)

Brylin Warrior Stick

Weekes's Sherweood Goalie STick

And a poop load of Souray stuff I hid until Doug left (HAHAHAHA!)

I go away one afternoon to my wife's company picnic and miss all the excitement!

Congrats on all the great pick-ups. You guys had to sacrifice a lot of time to wait in line and deserve getting some nice items. It's not like you were allowed to waltz in and pick over everything before everyone else.

I just added by 2-cents on the other board, but held back a bit. If the guy went to previous ones, how could he not know about this one! Seriously!

Edited by NJSwampdragon

I just read that HF board -- I never heard of it before -- wow. For 8 hours of waiting, the Devils should have just given you a Broduer or Parise stick for free. That is some dedication there.

It's amazing how much people whine about stuff, though. Unemployment is like 10%, but people are upset because someone bought a dozen hockey sticks in line before them.

I go away one afternoon to my wife's company picnic and miss all the excitement!

Congrats on all the great pick-ups. You guys had to sacrifice a lot of time to wait in line and deserve getting some nice items. It's not like you were allowed to waltz in and pick over everything before everyone else.

I just added by 2-cents on the other board, but held back a bit. If the guy went to previous ones, how could he not know about this one! Seriously!

Yeah, I saw your post and it cracked me up, thanks!

It's amazing how much people whine about stuff, though. Unemployment is like 10%, but people are upset because someone bought a dozen hockey sticks in line before them.

LOL, very funny yet so true.

Jordan,

I'm sorry you were harassed for that crap. I cannot tell you how close I was to posting.

Don't be sorry. I'm sorry for that nasty email you got! I'd LOVE to know who sent it. Bruinscollector?

Also, don't even bother posting. I don't mind getting the crap from them, I've actually come to expect it by now. Plus, I think us Devil fans did a pretty good job of sticking together (as well as some non Devils fans helping out by stating their opinions) and pretty much put an end to any arguments that "bruinscollector, 40LALIME40, and rangersfan were trying to make.

Don't be sorry. I'm sorry for that nasty email you got! I'd LOVE to know who sent it. Bruinscollector?

Also, don't even bother posting. I don't mind getting the crap from them, I've actually come to expect it by now. Plus, I think us Devil fans did a pretty good job of sticking together (as well as some non Devils fans helping out by stating their opinions) and pretty much put an end to any arguments that "bruinscollector, 40LALIME40, and rangersfan were trying to make.

Don't worry about the Email... PM sent.

Don't forget Torry21 in your list of people who made comments...

So many people had so many good points to make. Seidl and Dixon stand out has having great posts in defense of you posting an innoncent thread about what cool gameworn stuff you got. Perhaps in the future we should just ignore the negative stuff like that and post as if it wasn't even there. They cannot respond if you don't respond to them.

I managed to pick up a pair of Oudya gloves . I think I have photomatched them based on a repair over part of the white CCM logo with black thread on the right hand glove.

I also picked up a Clarkson stick, Oduya stick and 2 Paul Martin sticks.

Quick question. Can someone clue me in on the code on the Clarkson stick? I think the top 2 letters are for Islanders but the balance I think I'm lost on.

Edited by mac760

I saw the Clarkson code on some other of his sticks. At first I though that bottom of it was for Game 4 and the E was for eastern conference playoffs, but I doubt thats what it stands for. Jwomp pointed out on one of his brothers sticks that Clarkson drew a green clover, which is pretty neat.

I know you would love an Oduya jersey to match those gloves ;)

I saw the Clarkson code on some other of his sticks. At first I though that bottom of it was for Game 4 and the E was for eastern conference playoffs, but I doubt thats what it stands for. Jwomp pointed out on one of his brothers sticks that Clarkson drew a green clover, which is pretty neat.

I know you would love an Oduya jersey to match those gloves ;)

It sounds like we just resigned Oduya, according to a Swedish press report. That should make the jersey easier to sell. :dance:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.