Colin Powell turns his back on America

Don

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shift from the Leeds who said three liberals and one conservative (meaning Huckabee) were running for the presidency during the primaries. And you weren't alone, a lot of Repubs felt the same way. Funny, I guess just because McCain has the 'uniform' on now as the nominee you all sing a different tune.

I was talking about Palin.

I won't apologize for anything so you can kiss my fat white irish ass.

There, now I just made it about race.

I knew you weren't man enough.

It's astounding, glad to see someone else made this observation.

Wow. Sublicon agrees with the looniest of them all.

Jimmy, you underestimate your influence on people. Here's a clue: It's kind of like when you write someone off by openly assuming they earn minimum wage in the recieving dept. at Wal-Mart, simply because they don't share your f**ked up backward ass views. He was just doing his best Jimmy Leeds impression.

I don't know what's funnier, the impression or the fact that you're genuinely puzzled when you get a taste of your own medicine.

Not quite. We have quite a few workers here. But I'm quite confident Beetle is either still being indoctrinated in school, or is asking "paper or plastic?"

And it's interesting. The Wal-Mart line came after nuts Manta said I worked the security shift at Burger King.

Can you link me to your post challenging him as you have me?

Pro Life for babies.....death penalty for killers. Libs prefer babies die and killers live.

Quit being a retard you thickheaded dipsh!t. There is a huge difference between advocating for the personal choice of a woman and her partner deciding to end a pregnancy and being a "baby killer" or "pro-abortion". Nice way of pigeonholing all liberals. Then again, nothing new from people like you that take anything the Limbaughs, Coulters and Malkins of the world throw at you as gospel.

It's neither yours, nor any other persons decision what a woman does with her body unless you're the father involved in the pregnancy or someone that woman decides to include in the decision. You have no business deciding a woman's reproductive rights or injecting your politics into it. Abortion is a personal choice.

Enough of projecting your so-called "conservative values" as conservatism. You're a fascist neo-con. At least conservatives like Smerconish and Buckley use their brains objectively.

Edited by ghdi

Quit being a retard you thickheaded dipsh!t. There is a huge difference between advocating for the personal choice of a woman and her partner deciding to end a pregnancy and being a "baby killer" or "pro-abortion". Nice way of pigeonholing all liberals. Then again, nothing new from people like you that take anything the Limbaughs, Coulters and Malkins of the world throw at you as gospel.

No, no, you see broads gotta be brood-mares for the state. Women can't have rights over themselves as I spout more family values fascism down your throat!

Jimmy I'm glad my taxes don't pay your salary.

Anyway, even though Powell has always struck me as the "Just doing my job" one of the bush cartel I don't agree with quite a few things hes said/done but it's good to see someone is finally waking up.

Quit being a retard you thickheaded dipsh!t.

:rofl: Be glad your mom wasn't "Pro-Abortion"

It's neither yours, nor any other persons decision what a woman does with her body unless you're the father involved in the pregnancy or someone that woman decides to include in the decision.

Like the baby?

Enough of projecting your so-called "conservative values" as conservatism. You're a fascist neo-con.

And you're a loon.

Jimmy I'm glad my taxes don't pay your salary.

Plenty here do.

And thank you for that.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

Being "Pro" American.

Lower taxes, smaller gov't.

Work hard, don't rely on gov't handouts.

Pro Life for babies.....death penalty for killers. Libs prefer babies die and killers live.

I could go on and on...................

Being "pro" american is not a conservative value. I would say being blindly "pro" american is a conservative value though. Working hard is not a conservative value. Everyone has to work hard if you want to get anywhere at all...even with a democrat in office. Do you realize how centrist dems are anyways? Republicans have slid farther and farther to the right.

I am pro choice. I am for the death penalty in certain situations. My taxes will drop under McCain or Obama (more so under Obama). However, I believe the government has a certain responsibility when it comes to making sure education, health, etc..are taken care of and are at a respectable level. Paying a tiny bit more in taxes for the overall good of the country does not bother me. I think there are plenty of people out there that are trying as hard as they can but still don't have (because they can't afford it) health insurance. Education is a disaster in this country right now (thanks Bush!).

I feel dem's (or libs as you tend to say) are a much more open and accepting group compared to the conservatives. I feel conservatives are stuck in the past on many, many issues.

Do you realize how centrist dems are anyways? Republicans have slid farther and farther to the right.

Cannot even respond to this way out statement.

My taxes will drop under McCain or Obama (more so under Obama). However, I believe the government has a certain responsibility when it comes to making sure education, health, etc..are taken care of and are at a respectable level. Paying a tiny bit more in taxes for the overall good of the country does not bother me. I think there are plenty of people out there that are trying as hard as they can but still don't have (because they can't afford it) health insurance.

If you honestly feel your taxes are going to drop with a Democrat Congress, Senate, and President, I don't know what to tell you. You are the voter they rely on, gullible. Remember, Cllinton said the same thing then retroactively raised everyone's taxes.

Do you believe the gov't should provide free education and health care? Or just one or the other?

Free day care to free college?

Education is a disaster in this country right now (thanks Bush!).

How so? He passed Kennedy's NCLB Act.

I feel dem's (or libs as you tend to say) are a much more open and accepting group compared to the conservatives. I feel conservatives are stuck in the past on many, many issues.

I disagree.

And notice I didn't change any of your post.

Cannot even respond to this way out statement.

If you honestly feel your taxes are going to drop with a Democrat Congress, Senate, and President, I don't know what to tell you. You are the voter they rely on, gullible. Remember, Cllinton said the same thing then retroactively raised everyone's taxes.

Do you believe the gov't should provide free education and health care? Or just one or the other?

Free day care to free college?

How so? He passed Kennedy's NCLB Act.

I disagree.

And notice I didn't change any of your post.

My statement about Obama being pretty center is not that far out. http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Barack_Obama.htm

I believe MY PERSONAL taxes may drop. Overall they will not. What will happen in the future? I don't have the magic 8-ball. Neither do you.

I'll keep it simple. I think government spending needs to be kept under control. It needs to be aimed at the right issues (education, health care, energy). I don't want my taxes going to sh!t like "free bow and arrows for kids in blablabla school". Assuming these are all under strict control and no money is going to waste I do not mind paying a little more to have all these very important issues addressed to the fullest and having them be EFFECTIVE. I believe that the future of our country relies on this. Some lazy people were born rich, some hard working people were born very poor. You can't blame the less fortunate and hinder them even more. Everyone needs to have opportunities. I do not believe in handouts but I believe in helping people get started and helping them with the necessities. It's a delicate balance between too much and not enough.

However, on most social issues I am 100% democrat. Pro abortion, pro stem cell research, etc...

Also, I am very much for keeping church and state separate and I feel conservatives are more the bible thumpers.

Also, Palin is too risky; the VP pick shows terrible judgment on the part of McCain. I can't vote for someone like that.

Edited by mrthemike

I'll keep it simple. I think government spending needs to be kept under control. It needs to be aimed at the right issues (education, health care, energy). I don't want my taxes going to sh!t like "free bow and arrows for kids in blablabla school". Assuming these are all under strict control and no money is going to waste I do not mind paying a little more to have all these very important issues addressed to the fullest and having them be EFFECTIVE. I believe that the future of our country relies on this.

You should research the debacle that is the Abbott School funding in New Jerseyour liberal court has shoved down our collective tax paying throats.

Also, Palin is too risky; the VP pick shows terrible judgment on the part of McCain. I can't vote for someone like that.

Funny, I think Barry is too risky. This Prez. pick shows terrible judgment by the Dem leaders and the Dem voters. I cannot vote for someone like that.

However, on most social issues I am 100% democrat. Pro abortion, pro stem cell research, etc...

There isn't a party that isn't pro stem cell research, it's the media's either mistake or misunderstanding that there is a difference between adult and fetal stem cell research. Both parties support the stem cell research that has yielded any results, which is adult. It also seems possible now that fetal stem cells aren't needed at all for any type of research on this.

Sorry, but it's one of my pet peeve things that, while I'm not expert, I don't think people have done much reading on.

I prefer education to be a state and local Gov issue.....God knows in my little hick town my school taxes are high enough

And would rather HC be a state issue ....smaller and easier to control and if necessary regulated by the Gov

This Prez. pick shows terrible judgment by the Dem leaders and the Dem voters. I cannot vote for someone like that.

You expect your opinion to be taken seriously when you're actually proud of and confident in McCain's Vice-Prez pick? How far is your head up your own ass?

McCain was a far more terrible pick than Obama. Someone like Romney, who didn't need to change his positions to be a scumbag (I lived in Mass. for 4 years of his term as Governor, I know) , or Huckabee who is as genuine and confident in his conservative values as you'll find, would've both been far better picks than McCain. They also would be able to keep a cool head, and wouldn't need to resort to the kind of garbage we've seen from McCain in this campaign.

It's astonishing to me that McCain is now resorting to the same tactics and positions that he condemned back in 2000. He hasn't even come close to closing the deal with thinking individuals in this country. Honestly, if he had stuck to his guns, and chose to not pander to his base, and stuck to his his principles . . he would've had me . . almost. Why do you think so many conservative figures have jumped ship?

The funny thing is you and your ilk didn't actually listen to what Powell said in his endorsement, or in the press conf. afterwards . . you didn't listen. The voices of reason come out, and you recoil into your little neocon cocoon covering your ears singing *lalalalala* and so you can go back to spewing your bs with a clear (but severely f**ked) conscience.

Funny, I think Barry is too risky. This Prez. pick shows terrible judgment by the Dem leaders and the Dem voters. I cannot vote for someone like that.

I don't think he is risky at all. I think he is an extremely intellectual human being (magna cum laude from Harvard Law...) that will make sound and appropriate judgments for our country. I think Colin Powells' (a great american soldier and former republican) speech sums it all up very well.

I am curious, what valid reasons do you have that shows he is risky? Don't give me the typical republican Ayers smear because that doesn't fly with anyone except for the down south redneck hicks that have never stepped outside of their villages.

In terms of risk I see Obama/Biden much less risky for our country compared to McCain/Palin.

Palin, while she has accomplished something, is by no means ready to be a president and I think most people realize this. The Palin pick was mainly to gain votes, that's blatantly obvious. McCain could have picked anyone straight out of college (most of whom could have given better answers anyways). I question anyone's judgement that thinks Palin is not the most clueless of them all. Why didn't he pick Romney?? Someone respectable?

Obama is a risky pick because one of his focuses on taxes is about "fairness" and not in increasing the tax base itself. The US is becoming less competitive tax-wise world wide as much of the world has been lowering taxes to jump start their economies by following what the US has done in our past to jump start ourselves. So while people follow our model of success it seems Obama wants to make the US more likely to tell capital to leave because they'll find better tax consequences abroad. Especially in times of a slow down we should be doing things to bring capital into the country, not giving it reasons to leave. So I think Obama's focus on fairness is risky in most times and the opposite of what we need right now.

Obama is a risky pick because one of his focuses on taxes is about "fairness" and not in increasing the tax base itself. The US is becoming less competitive tax-wise world wide as much of the world has been lowering taxes to jump start their economies by following what the US has done in our past to jump start ourselves. So while people follow our model of success it seems Obama wants to make the US more likely to tell capital to leave because they'll find better tax consequences abroad. Especially in times of a slow down we should be doing things to bring capital into the country, not giving it reasons to leave. So I think Obama's focus on fairness is risky in most times and the opposite of what we need right now.

Valid point, but...Obama/Biden plan.

Make the Tax System More Fair and Efficient

* End Tax Haven Abuse: Building on his bipartisan work in the Senate, Obama will give the Treasury Department the tools it needs to stop the abuse of tax shelters and offshore tax havens and help close the $350 billion tax gap between taxes owed and taxes paid.

* Close Special Interest Corporate Loopholes: Obama and Biden will level the playing field for all businesses by eliminating special-interest loopholes and deductions, such as those for the oil and gas industry.

Valid point, but...Obama/Biden plan.

Make the Tax System More Fair and Efficient

* End Tax Haven Abuse: Building on his bipartisan work in the Senate, Obama will give the Treasury Department the tools it needs to stop the abuse of tax shelters and offshore tax havens and help close the $350 billion tax gap between taxes owed and taxes paid.

* Close Special Interest Corporate Loopholes: Obama and Biden will level the playing field for all businesses by eliminating special-interest loopholes and deductions, such as those for the oil and gas industry.

I don't necessarily disagree with either of those points, but both those points also drive capital away from the US. The former I would say would have to be taken care of so it's too bad it drives capital away but the latter I wouldn't mind see loopholes and deductions being eliminated with the overall tax rate then being decreased but that's not what we're looking at so that will also drive capital away on something that doesn't have to be done.

I don't necessarily disagree with either of those points, but both those points also drive capital away from the US. The former I would say would have to be taken care of so it's too bad it drives capital away but the latter I wouldn't mind see loopholes and deductions being eliminated with the overall tax rate then being decreased but that's not what we're looking at so that will also drive capital away on something that doesn't have to be done.

Well, we will see. I think if a company was to move it would have already happened.

Well, we will see. I think if a company was to move it would have already happened.

If you increase their taxes they're more likely to move away. Maybe it makes sense to stay here right now but every percentage you move taxes up changes their cost/benefit analysis of staying, just as every tick down changes it as well. Saying higher taxes isn't going to change where business' put their capital isn't a reasonable position.

You expect your opinion to be taken seriously when you're actually proud of and confident in McCain's Vice-Prez pick? How far is your head up your own ass?

The Oz has spoken....thou shalt not have differing thoughts and opinions (then what the lib media has given us)

The funny thing is you and your ilk didn't actually listen to what Powell said in his endorsement, or in the press conf. afterwards . . you didn't listen. The voices of reason come out, and you recoil into your little neocon cocoon covering your ears singing *lalalalala* and so you can go back to spewing your bs with a clear (but severely f**ked) conscience.

Powell also said he didn't like the tone of McCain's campaign. Why didn't he like the tone taken against Sarah?

From what I understand, European countries are taxed at 30%, and Barry wants a firm rate of 35%.

Who would set up should here when they they can save gazillions of dollars with taxes and cheaper labor?

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/taxes/Tax_P...rison_FINAL.pdf

Corporate Tax Policies

End Tax Breaks for Companies That

Ship Jobs Overseas. Would reverse the

backwards incentive that allows

companies to defer or avoid taxes

entirely if they invest overseas while

requiring them to pay full and immediate

taxes if they invest in America.

New Tax Breaks for Companies That

Create Jobs in America. For companies

that expand or create jobs in America,

Barack Obama would lower corporate

tax rates with the savings attained from

ending deferral.

I pretty much agree with Powell. They are both great men and great people - there was a time when I thought either would be perfect. Sarah Palin is being pretty badly maligned I think... but the fact she enabled that to happen is indeed a mark of her inexperience - I don't buy the bad mouthing of her -- but that she can't overcome the crappy press and poor handling just does her in completely.

McCain's bowing to the conservative branch of the Republican party - I find that unacceptable. In my opinion he had to run as an individual - I understand how strategically there was a real danger in doing that -- but I think it's the only way he stood a chance of winning. and the only way he stood a chance of earning my vote. You can't tow the party line for your campaigning and say that you'll act as a maverick when you actually get into office. I DO believe that actually -- but I can't be certain and I won't risk the vote.

I think Obama has run negative ads too though so that reasoning of Powell's doesn't hold water. but I really liked his attacking the attacks on Muslims and his calling out the party itself. There is just way too much hate in the Republican party. and I'm so used to the hate from democrats that it passes me by now - just read the some of the posts -- just read the title. Cause THAT'S not rage :rolleyes: And I can just hear it - MY anger is MORE justified than yours! <_< in the words of Borat: NOT.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.