Biden to Supporters: "Gird Your Loins", For the Next Preside

Devilish34

linky

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

Present

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has McCain ever dealt with thats "tough"?

Hmmmm, bing tortured and living in a rat infested cage would hit the "tough" label for me. How quick do you think those 5 years went?

Yes he was a POW. How does that give him presidential experience?

It doesn't. But for the Dems, Kerry ran 4 years ago for president based on 3 months on a gun boat, right?

It doesn't. But for the Dems, Kerry ran 4 years ago for president based on 3 months on a gun boat, right?

At least Kerry went, McCain accually gets much respect from me for answering the call when he had too, but has forgotten the lessons of the past in exchange for the GOP company line.

What has McCain ever dealt with thats "tough"? Yes he was a POW. How does that give him presidential experience?

Wow, to say McCain hasn't dealt with 'tough' is one of the most idiotic things I've read on this board. Like him (or his party) or not you have to respect what he did for this Country, as many serviceman have (and still do). Obama has dealt with nothing like that, obviously, as most Americans haven't. Maybe instead of having a BBQ and getting drunk next Veterans Day or Memorial Day you should at least take a nanosecond to think of those who sacrificed so we in this Country can live the way we do then you can go back to watching cartoons. Does it make him Presidential? In no way, but it sure as hell makes him tough.

Wow, to say McCain hasn't dealt with 'tough' is one of the most idiotic things I've read on this board. Like him (or his party) or not you have to respect what he did for this Country, as many serviceman have (and still do). Obama has dealt with nothing like that, obviously, as most Americans haven't. Maybe instead of having a BBQ and getting drunk next Veterans Day or Memorial Day you should at least take a nanosecond to think of those who sacrificed so we in this Country can live the way we do then you can go back to watching cartoons. Does it make him Presidential? In no way, but it sure as hell makes him tough.

RWTD is a 17 year old siver spoon.

His toughest day was when the second remote on his PlayStation 2 broke.

Jimmy honestly. go fvck yourself, you know nothing about me.

I never said I didn't appreciate him. I didn't say i don't respect him. I'm saying that him being tortured doesn't make him qualified for president.

PS Jimmy

I'm 18 and my family makes under 40,000 dollars a year altogether. My father is a retired cop who caught a disease working in a jail. he can't work so he barely gets any money from his pension. my mom makes 26,000 a year. I cant find a job.

Silver spoon? fvck off.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I never said I didn't appreciate him. I didn't say i don't respect him. I'm saying that him being tortured doesn't make him qualified for president.

What has McCain ever dealt with thats "tough"?

Remember that one?

You should spend less time on the computer and more time looking for a job.

I'm not being wise, but you seriously should be pounding the pavement. It's not going to come to you, you have to seize it.

You dad as a retired CO catching a disease should be getting 66 2/3 tax free if he caught it "on the job".

Hope he's well.

You know you owe him an apology now right?

The day I ever get one I'll think about it.

It's a idiom meaning "prepare for the worst" or "prepare to defend yourself."

.....sooo?

Not so long after 58,000+ Americans lost thier lives. But that's ok Hanoi Jane and Hairy (never was on the front line) Kerry said "they wuz baby killers"

Jimmy honestly. go fvck yourself, you know nothing about me.

PS Jimmy

I'm 18 and my family makes under 40,000 dollars a year altogether. My father is a retired cop who caught a disease working in a jail. he can't work so he barely gets any money from his pension. my mom makes 26,000 a year. I cant find a job.

Silver spoon? fvck off.

Be a man RWTD, I've lived off the streets at various points in my life, it'll make you a stronger person and appreciate what you have.

Politics asside, I want you to be able to afford season tickets at the Rock.

Start at the bottom and work your way up, all you'll get is encouragement (from me anyway)

Be a trash man ( I've done it)

Work at McDonalds-Burger King-Kentuck fry ( I've done it )

Offer to cut lawns in the nieghbohood-$20 a yard (I've done it)

Get into college-I'm in it.

All the best, take care :)

Yeah, I meant it from his politics career. what has he done in congress that was so tough? What has he gone through?

I'll take his years in the senate and foreign policy experience any day over Baracks lack of everything.

Also given Barack's history of voting present on tough issues I'll take McCain.

Edit:I originally posted it because it is typical Biden and found in humorous that he is

basically saying his running mate is young and lacks experience and the world knows

this. Why do you think the "World " wants Obama as a president?

Edited by Devilish34

Honestly, if you are going to blast McCain, don't pick on lack of toughness or trial by fire. Obama has very little legislative or crisis experience when compared to McCain. Don't fight the facts, you just look silly. Instead be a man (or woman) admit it and go to an argument of strength instead of making yourself look just plain stupid.

Disagreement with McCain's views is valid, mocking his POW experience or risking his life to defend this country is asinine and petty. Obama simply doesn't have anything to compare to that and won't.

I am troubled by Biden's statements however. This could just be another one of his loose cannon moments but the comment that Obama's reaction won't look right at first is troubling. What does he know? What does our government know? It could simply be the expectation that the world's troublemakers will test to see how far Obama can be pushed before the threat of sanctions/force are used given how critical he has been regarding the Bush administration's policies. If Obama is elected we'll know by this time next year whether we need to start putting together survival kits in our basement.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.