I'm tired of hearing it might be a recession

SC Devs Fan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

But he lied in his campaign and nobody cared.

ALL our taxes are going up.

How do you know that? Did he come out and say it? Or is that just your hatred of all things Democrat speaking?

(No, really, did he say it? Because if he did, I missed it.)

How do you know that? Did he come out and say it? Or is that just your hatred of all things Democrat speaking?

(No, really, did he say it? Because if he did, I missed it.)

Hatred?

It's inevitable. You even seem to agree.

Clinton promised tax cut in '92 and promptly, retroactively, rasied everyone's taxes.

Where will the money come from to pay for George and Dick's Excellent Iraq Adventure? Where will the money come from to pay for Bush's grand scheme to save Wall Street from its own stupidity? Where will the money come from to pay off the interest on the ever-mounting national debt, not to mention the debt itself?

Why do you not hold the house and Senate accountable? They had the majority - they had control. They approved all this stuff. :noclue:

I don't care about my taxes going up - I'm not wha-ing about anything but the total lack of accountability you all hold for Democrats. I knwo you're not Democrats because you all said you were independent.

Did anyone respond with regard to the NYT article in 2003 when Bush tried to get congress to regulate Freddie Mac and Sally Mae? Barney Frank stated outright that neither agency was in trouble and implied that the well-to-do just wanted to take away affordable housing. :blink: and you guys sing his praises, laud him for blaming Bush for this when it was HE who wouldn't approve regulation in W's first term even? What's up with THAT? You care enough to BLAME Republicans now that it's happened - so please don't take the "look what's done is done let's move on" when someone tries to hold Democrats equally accountable.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Did anyone respond with regard to the NYT article in 2003 when Bush tried to get congress to regulate Freddie Mac and Sally Mae? Barney Frank stated outright that neither agency was in trouble and implied that the well-to-do just wanted to take away affordable housing. :blink: and you guys sing his praises, laud him for blaming Bush for this when it was HE who wouldn't approve regulation in W's first term even? What's up with THAT? You care enough to BLAME Republicans now that it's happened - so please don't take the "look what's done is done let's move on" when someone tries to hold Democrats equally accountable.

Of course not.

Don't let facts get in the way of Bush bashing.

Biased it not hatred?

Do you need a dictionary?

I never said biased was hatred. Figure it out yourself. I interpreted your "hatred"" as the answer to the previous post.

Either way, you're still a bitter hater of all things not republican.

Edited by mrthemike

I never said biased was hatred. Figure it out yourself.

Either way, you're still a bitter hater of all things not republican.

Says you. Whatever. I forgot, we must all genuflect (sic?) when you post.

Figure out your stupid post? Makes as much sense as you do.

Says you. Whatever. I forgot, we must all genuflect (sic?) when you post.

Figure out your stupid post? Makes as much sense as you do.

Go try to defend your assertion that Bush is a better speaker than Kerry or Gore.

You don't make much sense either.

Let me rephrase: Where would the money come from if these tax hikes don't happen? It has to come from somewhere.

I think and I'm sure Squishy will correct me but the taxes on the over 200k crowd are offset by the reduction on the under 150k ppl

and what ever was planned.

Bush's stock dividends and capital gains remain until 2010 and I'm pretty sure I read when the bailout was

pasted that they also extended the personal taxes too.(If I am wrong I apologize for stating this in

another thread and I really don't feel like looking for the link and reading that crap again )

A question for the "Waaaaah!!! My taxes are gonna go up!!!" babies that I know won't be answered because you don't have the balls to admit the truth:

Where will the money come from to pay for George and Dick's Excellent Iraq Adventure? Where will the money come from to pay for Bush's grand scheme to save Wall Street from its own stupidity? Where will the money come from to pay off the interest on the ever-mounting national debt, not to mention the debt itself?

Until you can honestly and thoughtfully answer that question, you have no business bitching about taxes.

Why do you always refuse to blame all involved in the W.S. mess and only blame Bush?

Go try to defend your assertion that Bush is a better speaker than Kerry or Gore.

You don't make much sense either.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

I already said I prefer his "Everyman" to their arrogance.

He's a better man then both of them.

It's inevitable. You even seem to agree.

No, not really.

Why do you not hold the house and Senate accountable? They had the majority - they had control. They approved all this stuff. :noclue:

The White House carried the water on that one. Remember how the House actually TURNED DOWN the bailout bill the first time and then had to go and revote because Bush wouldn't take no for an answer?

Did anyone respond with regard to the NYT article in 2003 when Bush tried to get congress to regulate Freddie Mac and Sally Mae?

Let's see, 2003... I seem to remember the Republicans being in control of Congress then. By your standards, it must be their fault.

I think and I'm sure Squishy will correct me

:( am I "that" guy now?

but the taxes on the over 200k crowd are offset by the reduction on the under 150k ppl

and what ever was planned.

Bush's stock dividends and capital gains remain until 2010 and I'm pretty sure I read when the bailout was

pasted that they also extended the personal taxes too.(If I am wrong I apologize for stating this in

another thread and I really don't feel like looking for the link and reading that crap again )

Yea more or less. Heres my rough calculations if anyone wants to double check me, the IRS uses numbers in the millions so I will as well:

top 5% earned 3,000,000 million (3 trillion) total x 4.6% increase= 138,000 million (138 billion).

Since there were 135 million tax filers, subtract 5% (as they wont be getting a cut) and you get about 125 million people. That's enough to give everyone a little more then $1000 dollars each.

But I think some experts have estimated that most people will see an average of $500, in which case the country would keep half or about 70 billion. Also I did not include the income from the cap gains increase as the IRS doesn't have those numbers (or at least I didn't see them) so maybe another what? 20-30 billion? thats a really eyeball'd guess tho.

So our annual deficit is about 500 billion currently, looking at Obama's plan optimistically he will save about 100 billion from tax increases, another ~120 billion from ending the Iraq war. At best with his announced plan he cuts the deficit in half =[

Additionally I am ignoring his costly health care plan (which I believe will pay for itself over time, just not at the start) and any other small pet projects, also ignoring spending cuts because well, no way to estimate them really, not without an economics degree.

It is my sincere hope that Obama curtails his spending plans (and to be fair, most presidents, democrat or republican do) and maybe tries to keep his tax refund to the $500 dollar average instead of $1k. The economy is hurting, it could use a stimulus boost no doubt but I feel like we can't keep mortgaging our children's future. Soon the interest on the 10 trillion dollar debt we owe will be the biggest expense in our budget, passing defense and health care.

Edited by squishyx

It is my sincere hope that Obama curtails his spending plans (and to be fair, most presidents, democrat or republican do) and maybe tries to keep his tax refund to the $500 dollar average instead of $1k. The economy is hurting, it could use a stimulus boost no doubt but I feel like we can't keep mortgaging our children's future.

Well said. :clap:

I'm not sure you're making sense here. What are you saying? I said for Bush bashing, not 11th grade social studies. And for the record, 11th grade social studies consisted of slavery and the civil war.

I think that's 10th. Or where I'm from at least. 9th is world history, 10th is US I (from the start of colonies to start of progressive era), and 11th is all of the 1900's. Not that it matters. lol :P

I'm not sure you're making sense here. What are you saying? I said for Bush bashing, not 11th grade social studies. And for the record, 11th grade social studies consisted of slavery and the civil war.

I meant for class tomorrow.

So our annual deficit is about 500 billion currently, looking at Obama's plan optimistically he will save about 100 billion from tax increases, another ~120 billion from ending the Iraq war. At best with his announced plan he cuts the deficit in half =[

Better than not cutting it at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.