Anyone else get the awful cold?

Darwindog

Everyone at my work had it but I thought I avoided it.. OMGosh... it WHIPPED my butt! BUT...

Sleep - I tell you all: sleep totally kicked it back! I just went to sleep for over 24 hours admittedly - got it Monday afternoon - it wasn't so bad just scratchy throat and runny nose - but by the time I got home I had to pass out in bed - but I couldn't sleep - I was awake in bed on and off all night. Then I just didn't get up - I have this theory that you just have to sweat this stuff out so I go to bed in too many covers and try to sweat :giggle: It really was tough though. I was just down for the count - I got up the next night at around dinner time... I was up once in a while because Bex was home with me - I had chicken broth and some cider but nothing much else that day... still just out - so went back to bed and THEN I slept like a log and I woke up pretty decent -- but still thought I'd better sleep - so I got out of bed at 11am and pretty much all was well!

:unsure: well... I don't know why I find that cool. but I do!

I used nearly all my ginger brandy putting up the peaches and pears! My brandied peaches are SOOO good and I only have one more jar left. Nah... but I just wasn't in the mood for food even much less brandy. My husband said make a hot totty because I love spiced tea with scotch and hot buttered rum and stuff -- but not when I'm sick for some reason. BUT I want to plant some elderberries and make elderberry cordial for medicinal use! :uni:

I have another weird question too.... so is growing your hair too long sort of the female equivalent of grizzly Adams-ing out? I'm growing my hair sort of beyond styling length now... and I worry I'm going to look like one of those crazy long haired hippy chicks... like -- like --- all Grizzly Jane and stuff... My husband hasn't said anything - but he'd be the type to say he approved of something like that even if it made me look like Broomhilda on the BUgs Bunny cartoons. Welll... actually -- he DOES call me that when the hair gets out of control....

OK now I have this gross cough in the aftermath of my illness... YUCK!

I'm down and out right now. Stayed home from work today. Thank God for my student teacher. She is taking care of everything so I didn't even have to leave plans. My nose is half running and half stuffy. Regardless, I cannot breathe. My chest hurts and I am generally achy all over. Ugh. and the inside of my nose burns.