Shot from tsn on Clemmer

brickwall30

Clemmer is so slow on going cross crease it's scary.

If i'm though opposing team i'm dumping behind the net and flinging cross crease passes like it's going out of style.

And I think the real trick to beating Clemmensen is getting the whole rest of the team to play like crap.

The spike in GA has more to do with the skaters than the goalie. Unless you were expecting Clemmensen to carry us....

The spike in GA has more to do with the skaters than the goalie. Unless you were expecting Clemmensen to carry us....

I said this before and I'll say it until the team proves me wrong (hopefully starting tonight) - I think the team's gotten to that point, the way they have with Marty when they went on autopilot half the time.

Except for maybe the Montreal game (where they came to play because of who the opponent was), their best performance the last few weeks was with Weekes in net. And the first few weeks when Clem was starting and still an unknown factor they played in front of him.

Edited by Hasan4978

The team has hit a rough patch and has played fairly inconsistent over the past 10 games. Still Marty is at least 6-7 weeks from coming back so this team has to get its act together and keep themselves solidly in the playoff mix.

My guess is that if Marty comes back healthy this will give them a nice jolt heading into the last 4-5 weeks of the season. If he plays himself into game shape quickly then anything is possible in the playoffs.

They have figured it out. Get the puck behind the net and move it side to side, he has really bad skating skills but is good if you let him square to the puck.

Which is something that is easily fixable, overcompensate on D. Lay them out whenever they get behind the net, force them to work in the open ice in front. The biggest problem with the team has been the skaters, they need to get their act together.

Which is something that is easily fixable, overcompensate on D. Lay them out whenever they get behind the net, force them to work in the open ice in front. The biggest problem with the team has been the skaters, they need to get their act together.

The skaters have been saving Clemmy's ass most of the games. They can't stop players behind the net 100% of the time and cross ice passes 100% of the time. That's crazy.

The skaters have been saving Clemmy's ass most of the games. They can't stop players behind the net 100% of the time and cross ice passes 100% of the time. That's crazy.

I think he means that the players need to play harder which is true, like the atlanta game. It wasn't Clemmer's fault we lost nor the anaheim game because the skaters were flat.

I think he means that the players need to play harder which is true, like the atlanta game. It wasn't Clemmer's fault we lost nor the anaheim game because the skaters were flat.

At some point, people need to start giving Clemmer some credit. It is obvious to me that without a great defense in front of you, even the best goalies get used. The converse is true, as well.

I think that Clemmer has proven that NJ's "D" is pretty damn good. And..Clemmer is better than people thought....I think it is a combo.

Maybe Whitey, Martin, Oduya, etc.. ain't so bad afterall!

How many people really thought that we would be in the position that we are now, with Marty being out? Not many. I didn't think we would miss a beat.....maybe a half a beat, but not much. I feel that the "D" in front is of greater importance than the man behind (within reason).

Edited by KC Devil

Clemmer has played fine. Remember that he is not marty and can not be. This team has proved that it can score alot of goals when they do the right thing. If clemmer gives up two goals a game we have more than enough fire to win. LETS GO DEVILS good point KC DEVILS about the defense

Edited by rockcreature66630

At some point, people need to start giving Clemmer some credit. It is obvious to me that without a great defense in front of you, even the best goalies get used. The converse is true, as well.

I think that Clemmer has proven that NJ's "D" is pretty damn good. And..Clemmer is better than people thought....I think it is a combo.

Maybe Whitey, Martin, Oduya, etc.. ain't so bad afterall!

How many people really thought that we would be in the position that we are now, with Marty being out? Not many. I didn't think we would miss a beat.....maybe a half a beat, but not much. I feel that the "D" in front is of greater importance than the man behind (within reason).

+1.

That will be hard from some here to do that KC. Some in here just like to nit-pick at Clemmer night in and night out and give no credit at all even when he wins.

Just the way it is and its a tough crowd when it comes to Clemmer maybe beacuse all of these years this team and fans have been spoiled by having Brodeur there for almost every game. No one expected this good run that Clemmer has done and it has been a blessing in disguise this season while Brodeur is on the IR.

The Devils defense is ranked 6th in the NHL (maybe 5th now not sure) which is pretty damn good for a "no name" defense. That means they are getting the job done along with the goaltending which has been Clemmer. devils are still in position of winning their division and get a high seed in the playoffs all without Brodeur right now. When Brodeur comes back the Devils will have a greater shot in accomplishing both.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Clem. But I have also been pleasantly surprised by our goal scoring. Let's face it, if we dont score 3,4 or 5 goals, we probably arent going to win most nights. Clems is still an average goalie in my mind - and prone to some serious physical and mental mistakes at times. I dont think the knocks he has taken here are unwarranted or excessive. Not too long ago, there was some talk here about the tough decision the Devs will have to make when Marty returns or how Clems would be good trade bait. Nonsense.

...there was some talk here about the tough decision the Devs will have to make when Marty returns...

Uhh, I think those saying that, including myself, CLEARLY had tongue planted in cheek at the time.... :lol:

As for the trade bait, yeah.... I, as a Scott Clemmensen FAN, poo-pooed any idea of getting anything at all for Scott at the deadline. Some of that stuff was getting pretty ridiculous.