NFC/AFC Championship Sunday!!

CRASHER

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottomline: They beat two overrated teams in Philly and Carolina based solely on turnovers and the QB's just sucking.

You probably said the same thing last year about the Giants, except last year the Packers and Cowboys were overrated and their QBs sucked.

Bottom line: You don't know as much as you think you do. If you did, you'd give the Cardinals SOME credit for getting to the big game.

You probably said the same thing last year about the Giants, except last year the Packers and Cowboys were overrated and their QBs sucked.

Bottom line: You don't know as much as you think you do. If you did, you'd give the Cardinals SOME credit for getting to the big game.

Time will tell my friend.

While the Steeler D isn't the Bear D, the Steeler O is an upgrade from the 85 Bears.

Bears O line was better

and where's the LOCK Hall of Fame player like Walter Peyton on this Steelers team??

You just wanting a spanking to appease your ego on them owning the Ravens all season :P

Bears O line was better

and where's the LOCK Hall of Fame player like Walter Peyton on this Steelers team??

You just wanting a spanking to appease your ego on them owning the Ravens all season :P

True, the Bears O line was great, but I think Pittsburgh has many, many more weapons, maybe not HOF caliber, but a better collection of offensive options.

Whether Pittsburgh wins or not has no bearing on the Ravens. The better team won in Pittsburgh (by one dumb penalty).

I just think Arizona is far too mediocre and more of a fluke than a championship caliber team. Thats all.

If Arizona pulls of a miracle I would respect them as champions. I just don't see it happening.

Anyone else hear Woody Johnson's comments today on the FAN??? :rofl:

Colleague Filip Bondy asked a great question to owner Woody Johnson: How could one company hire such entirely different people for the same position (i.e. Mangini and Ryan)? Woody smiled, cracking, "Maybe it's a mental defect." But then he said something pretty interesting.

"We've been preoccupied with building the stadium and this (facility), and now we're really focused on the most important aspect, and that's the team," he said.

I'll take Jerry Jones' "mental defects" over that lack of focus ANY day!

Edited by CRASHER

Colleague Filip Bondy asked a great question to owner Woody Johnson: How could one company hire such entirely different people for the same position (i.e. Mangini and Ryan)? Woody smiled, cracking, "Maybe it's a mental defect." But then he said something pretty interesting.

"We've been preoccupied with building the stadium and this (facility), and now we're really focused on the most important aspect, and that's the team," he said.

Woody is an ass.

Boy, that was a dumb thing to say.

As for the different personalities of the coaches, one way is not necessarily better than another. Bill Cowher and Bill Parcells won, and so did Tom Landry and Tony Dungy. Bill Belichick isn't fire and brimstone either.

We'll see how Rex Reed does. His bluster gurantees nothing.