NFC/AFC Championship Sunday!!

CRASHER

BTW, here's the storyline we're all gonna be more than tired of hearing about is the next two weeks: Ken Whisenhunt goes against the team that didn't hire him to replace Bill Cowher. Get your puke bags ready.

Congrats to the Cardinals, but you're gonna get sh!t on in Tampa. Never bet against Kurt Warner in an indoor game, but the new sombrero is outdoors. High-powered offense led by Kurt Warner and the league's best WR Larry Fitzgerald against the league's best defense led by Troy Polamalu and the NFL's defensive MVP James Harrison. As the old saying goes, "Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships."

We got one for the thumb in XL. Now let's get one for the other hand!

Don't forget this one that Jim Nantz left us as he went off the air...Mike Tomlin is returning to the city where he started his NFL coaching career. Wow...just an incredible story line.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Bowl Fun Fact #1:

no team that has lost to the Jets in the regular season has won the Super Bowl in that season....

Jets 56, Cards 35

let the betting begin :P

Thats incredible, so every time the Patriots and Dolphins won the Super Bowl they lost both games to the Jets?

Btw I hate the Steelers, go cardinals

Thats incredible, so every time the Patriots and Dolphins won the Super Bowl they lost both games to the Jets?

No, he was saying that they won their games against the Jets. Re-read the statement.

BTW, how awesome is it that Shannon Sharpe got to eat the words that came out of his fat stupid mouth? In the pregame show when they were debating who was the better safety, Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, Sharpe said Reed was better because he scores touchdowns. Well ... what happened tonight, buddy?! Yeah, it's time for you and your lisp to step out of the TV studio. Your brother was better anyway (at playing football AND analyzing it).

BTW, here's the storyline we're all gonna be more than tired of hearing about is the next two weeks: Ken Whisenhunt goes against the team that didn't hire him to replace Bill Cowher. Get your puke bags ready.

Congrats to the Cardinals, but you're gonna get sh!t on in Tampa. Never bet against Kurt Warner in an indoor game, but the new sombrero is outdoors. High-powered offense led by Kurt Warner and the league's best WR Larry Fitzgerald against the league's best defense led by Troy Polamalu and the NFL's defensive MVP James Harrison. As the old saying goes, "Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships."

We got one for the thumb in XL. Now let's get one for the other hand!

Actually, Rooney interviewed Russ Grimm(Current O-line Cards Coach and our ex Steelers O-line coach.) he interviewed also Wisehunt(Ex O-Coordinator) and they also have our ex-ST coach(I think) Ken Spencer,

ANd some ex-players.

But Wisehunt won't be " Gruden x 2 " the Steelers have been using a complete different schemes ' (More Delta/4wrs Formation.) since he left, or even the whole offensive system.

And.. Now the Cards'll get to play the best D in the NFL.. I wonder how they'll do.

No, he was saying that they won their games against the Jets. Re-read the statement.

BTW, how awesome is it that Shannon Sharpe got to eat the words that came out of his fat stupid mouth? In the pregame show when they were debating who was the better safety, Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, Sharpe said Reed was better because he scores touchdowns. Well ... what happened tonight, buddy?! Yeah, it's time for you and your lisp to step out of the TV studio. Your brother was better anyway (at playing football AND analyzing it).

Ed Reed's the best for Ballhawking, but.. Polamalu's the complete package. Great vs the run, and he's being used a lot for those Blitz packages.

But, I'd say, both are the best safeties though :P

Ed Reed's the best for Ballhawking, but.. Polamalu's the complete package. Great vs the run, and he's being used a lot for those Blitz packages.

But, I'd say, both are the best safeties though :P

TZ: Congrats. You guys played a great game and deserve to win.

(I told you Wisenhunt was a very good coach!!!).

In regards to Troy vs Reed, you have too remember that we were essentially playing with our fourth & fifth corners yesterday (and a WR playing Defensive end) and Reed had to babysit and make sure that we didn't get beat deep (although I was scared on a few throws). Troy has the freedom of having all starters for support. Hopefully, Chris McAllister comes back next year @ 100%.

As far as my Ravens, I am very proud of this TEAM. For a team that NO ONE besides myself envisioned as a playoff team and that the "pundits" and sports "journalists" wrote off as a .500 team and the non-sense on these boards: "pop gun offense", "old washed up Defense", "mediocre team".

We had the #6 seed with a banged up defense all year and our third string rookie QB playing without a net all year. Flacco has a great arm, and will learn how to tuck and run if no one is open or at least learn to take what the D is giving up on the short passes. Our offense and defensive lines are relatively young and learning.

You will see us again in the AFC Championship game again next year. Looking forward to another epic game against the Steelers next year.

Conrgats again on your Super Bowl blow out in a few weeks.

Oh yeah I forgot that part...but but Giants fans are all class...I forgot :doh1:

And so noble and willing to forgive dear Plaxico, but his felony act is not as bad as anyone else's... and oh wait... THEY NEED HIM.. just like every other team who needs their headaches.... so we embrace with "open arms and class" :P

TZ: Congrats. You guys played a great game and deserve to win.

(I told you Wisenhunt was a very good coach!!!).

In regards to Troy vs Reed, you have too remember that we were essentially playing with our fourth & fifth corners yesterday (and a WR playing Defensive end) and Reed had to babysit and make sure that we didn't get beat deep (although I was scared on a few throws). Troy has the freedom of having all starters for support. Hopefully, Chris McAllister comes back next year @ 100%.

As far as my Ravens, I am very proud of this TEAM. For a team that NO ONE besides myself envisioned as a playoff team and that the "pundits" and sports "journalists" wrote off as a .500 team and the non-sense on these boards: "pop gun offense", "old washed up Defense", "mediocre team".

We had the #6 seed with a banged up defense all year and our third string rookie QB playing without a net all year. Flacco has a great arm, and will learn how to tuck and run if no one is open or at least learn to take what the D is giving up on the short passes. Our offense and defensive lines are relatively young and learning.

You will see us again in the AFC Championship game again next year. Looking forward to another epic game against the Steelers next year.

Conrgats again on your Super Bowl blow out in a few weeks.

Is it worth playing the SB at all ? may as well annoint the Steelers as SB champs and cancel the SB in Tampa. If by some fluke( because all the experts think Arizona has no chance and shouldn't bother showing up for the game) the Cardinals win, will it be because #1 the refs hosed the Steelers #2 The Steelers didn't show up.

Or #3 which I doubt will be admitted ( because Arizona is a mediocre team and it's impossible for them to outplay the Steelers) Arizona beat the Steelers fair and square and out played them?

you can make the CASE that Arizona has the best player on the field in Fitzpatrick

and the far superior big game QB

I like my odds with those :P

Then your a fool.

If your going to make a "brilliant" analysis know what your talking about. There is no FITZPATRICK on either side.

FitzGERALD is a great receiver, but will be nullified by Polamalu and the Steeler secondary. Warner is a joke who hasn't seen a defense like Pittsburgh. I am not sure why Jim Johnson doesn't pressure Warner (unless he just feels that Warner will turn the ball over with the thought of being hit).

Bottomline: Arizona is here because they play in a division that has no quality teams and they beat two overrated teams in Philly and Carolina based solely on turnovers and the QB's just sucking.

Unfortunately, Big Ben is a Big game player who is far superior to Warner.

Watch and learn. Pittsburgh will bury Arizona.

Edited by MantaRay

I am not sure why Jim Johnson doesn't pressure Warner

Unfortunately, Big Ben is a Big game player who is far superior to Warner.

1. Johnson DID pressure Warner, the O-Line and read adjustments DEVOURED IT

you leave Fitz on an Island and Warner's gonna toss prayers to him EVERY time

2. Look at Warner's results in his 2 Super Bowls... look at Ben in his one, then tell me who's the better big game player.... Ben wins because he improvs and has hall of fame defense.... the Cards (or Rams) won SQUAT if not for Warner... winning <> playing the superior game

I said I'd like my odds... I wasn't making an SD-coin flip-lock :P

I think you're just as much a fool if you take the Power of Jesus and his disciples lightly... three teams on the golf course did that too.....

I think you're just as much a fool if you take the Power of Jesus and his disciples lightly... three teams on the golf course did that too.....

Pretty much sums up all you have to say. It's like they took that beating by the Pats as a wake up call and elevated Warners game to an even higher level. The guy is a two time NFL MVP, Superbowl MVP, and has now brought 2 different teams to the superbowl and yet he still is getting no respect. And say what you want but the Eagles were in his face all day and he got knocked down more then a fair share. The guy is good.

Somehting I really enjoyed was Samuel getting repeatedly exploited. The guy can't tackle for his life and obvoiusly can't thrive in this kind of system. He's maybe a top 10CB but no way did he deserve the top 3 money. Glad the Pats let him walk.

FitzPATRICK? :blink: Rory? :giggle:

CMON CRASHER!!! :P

FitzGERALD IS the best WR in the NFL and he could have a big game vs. the Steelers in the SB. The Cardinals are not going to be pushovers at all. They have already proven that in their last three games, where the Panthers and Eagles have top rated defenses too.

I would never coin flip a SB there Crasher but do get your odds. Just the official coin toss before the game to bet on heads or tails. :P

1. Johnson DID pressure Warner, the O-Line and read adjustments DEVOURED IT

you leave Fitz on an Island and Warner's gonna toss prayers to him EVERY time

2. Look at Warner's results in his 2 Super Bowls... look at Ben in his one, then tell me who's the better big game player.... Ben wins because he improvs and has hall of fame defense.... the Cards (or Rams) won SQUAT if not for Warner... winning <> playing the superior game

I said I'd like my odds... I wasn't making an SD-coin flip-lock :P

1. Johnson did nothing until the 2nd Half and they maulled Warner when they did.

2. Ben's impovs make him the most dangerous.

I think this going to be another Bears/Pats type of Superbowl where its over before half time. Fast Willie Parker gets 100 yards before the half.

Edited by MantaRay