F**king NHL & MSG

Z-Man

Im still hoping to get a CI HD game in actual HD!

Comcast in Bensalem has not done this yet. I switched at the beginning of the season from Fios based solely on Center Ice not being available. It is now, so hopefully they have CI in HD for next season ;)

Im still hoping to get a CI HD game in actual HD!

Comcast in Bensalem has not done this yet. I switched at the beginning of the season from Fios based solely on Center Ice not being available. It is now, so hopefully they have CI in HD for next season ;)

That's exactly why I switched from Comcast to DirecTV. Comcast has zero games in HD for Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings.

That's exactly why I switched from Comcast to DirecTV. Comcast has zero games in HD for Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings.

yeah and cablevision or "io" is not available everywhere, if i were to go to cable our only option is comcast. i have directv and don't have the hd package anyway but yes it pisses me off that you couldn't get it even if you want it. they shouldn't have the rights to restrict the broadcast to a select few to try and extort people to their service. it unethical. like hanging this service right in front of you and then yanking it away by saying they don't offer it in your area.

Thank you to Z-Man for posting this. I called DirecTV last night, but they couldn't tell me much of anything. I also emailed MSG to try and find some more information, but I hadn't heard back from there, either. At least now I know what's going on.

F**k Dolan.

I have two words smushed together for you - SlingBox. fvck the Dolan's, Comcast, DirecTV, the NHL, all of them. You hook up a SlingBox at someone's house who has SportsChannel in HD and the magic of the Internets provides you a clear HD broadcast in your house wherever your house may be! Sadly, my SlingBox is hooked up in a FiOS house so I don't get the Devils in HD anyway. However, it works great for the Yankees and the Giants in HD and Versus HD too.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel regarding this mess - if you look in DirecTV's guide or NHL Center Ice schedule, starting late this week (specifically starting Feb 6th), HD feeds for MSG and MSG+ broadcasts are back on for NHL CI. Now let's just hope this is info is accurate. :)

BTW, the Devils MSG+ HD feed is in fact on tonight on NHL CI on DirecTV. Tomorrow's Devils-Kings game is also supposed to be, but then next Wednesday's and Friday's games aren't currently listing the HD feeds, so I'm not real sure what to think just yet. I guess it's possible the online NHL CI schedule isn't complete / 100% accurate as of right now, but AFAIK it's been pretty accurate in the past...

Edit: and then to leave you further wondering, the Shark game on the 15th once again does list the MSG+ HD feed. :noclue:

Edited by Googer

Nice win tonight! I'm watching my Stars vs Rangers now. 4-2 after 2. Killed off a 5-on-3 and got a late goal in the 2nd.

I checked over on a satellite forum and there's a member over there that's insisting that we still have the MSG/no-HD feed dispute with the league. I posted that I received the entire Devils MSG HD feed on DV Ch 773-1 this evening. Not sure what the guy is getting at on that forum.

Is there anyone that's outside of the NY market area that didn't get the Center Ice MSG HD Devils feed tonight?

I've been following a thread over on the satelliteguys forum on the DirecTV sub-forum. I posted this one earlier at that site:

Hey, from Dallas It appears that it's fixed. I'm not 100% sure yet about the Rangers HD issue but I'd guess that since we're getting the Devils vs Thrashers home/home feeds tonight, and tomorrow's Islanders/Lightning HD feeds are up on the menu, that the MSG / NHL dispute is resolved. I don't see the Stars/Rangers "away" HD feed up on the Ctr Ice channels tonight but that may not be significant since, as you all know, we don't get 100% home/home feeds every night for all games.

From the sch, next chance I'll get to see 100% that the Rangers MSG HD issue is fixed will be next Wed 02/11 Caps at Rangers. (Monday's Rangers/Devils gm is on Versus).

Hopefully, it's all good from here. The guys over on that forum noticed that the Sabers didn't have an HD feed up tonight. I'm hoping that maybe they're getting the HD permission cleared per team and the Rangers/Sabres issues are almost resolved if that's not already done. Crossing fingers in Dallas.... One thing appears done, Devils MSG HD issue must be fixed.

Just checked today's sch at DirecTV's site. They're showing listings for the following HD feeds:

Kings at Devils 776-1

Islanders at Lightning 781-1

Sabres at Senators: no HD listing at present

Looking ahead at Wed 02/11, I don't see an HD listing for the Isles/Devils game :saddevil:

Caps at Rangers HD listing is for the Caps feed; no Rangers HD feed list up yet. Same for the Senators at Sabres game that night.

Fri 02/13: Does not show HD feeds for either Bruins/Devils or Rangers/Panthers.

Seems to be "hit & miss" for now on HD feeds. Not sure what that means yet. At least I'll get to see that Rangers at Devils Mon night on Versus HD :dance:

Don't know how often it's updated or how accurate the daily Center Ice sch is at DTV's site. I don't usually check the sch there but I guess I'll look at that closer for now.

It appears this still hasn't gone away yet. :angry:

I had the two games last weekend in HD, but tonight's game against the Islanders is blacked-out in HD.

Why the hell would Dolan switch back and forth?

• 1 month later...
Good news for center ice customers. A friend of mine that listens to NHL Hour informed me that NHL and MSG had reached a settlement. No time was given on when we will see the HD feeds again but lets hope by the playoffs...

That would be awesome.