Weekes out for Weeks

Bringbackbrylin

from fire and ice

The Devils were still waiting for the result of an MRI taken this morning on Kevin Weekes' injured left knee, but Devils general manger Lou Lamoreillo said the diagnosis is that Weekes will be out for two-to-three weeks.

Lamoriello said team orthopedist Dr. Barry Fisher had not gotten a chance to look at the MRI. Still, they are confident that Weekes will not require surgery.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/04...t-23-weeks.html

Can someone, anyone, explain how 2 to 3 weeks is any better for the Devils than 4 to 6 weeks?

To be "relieved" you have to be worried about something. Since having Clemmensen sitting on the bench instead of Kevin doesn't strike me with a great deal of fear I cants say I'm "relieved" with this news.

This is the same Lou that said Marty's injury was nothing to worry about before the MRI results :P

Does look like Clemmensen'll be the backup throughout, even if Weekes is 'only' gone 2-3 weeks, by then Lowell's season'll probably be over by then anyway.

Edited by Hasan4978

Can someone, anyone, explain how 2 to 3 weeks is any better for the Devils than 4 to 6 weeks?

To be "relieved" you have to be worried about something. Since having Clemmensen sitting on the bench instead of Kevin doesn't strike me with a great deal of fear I cants say I'm "relieved" with this news.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm "relieved" that Weekes may not have to endure surgury on his knee. Anytime a medical prognosis is better than expected, its a good thing, regardless of the guys impact on the team.

Not to speak for anyone else, but I'm relieved for Weekes. I didn't see him playing again this year either way, since they called Clemmer up. I'm just glad he didn't need surgery.

Not to speak for anyone else, but I'm relieved for Weekes. I didn't see him playing again this year either way, since they called Clemmer up. I'm just glad he didn't need surgery.

+1

Never want to see such a stand up guy go down.

cirurgy in the Knee sucks, I had one at the of 06 need crutch to walk for half-month another, month and half walking with a "cast" , and about 6 months o therapy. But yet my knee is kind stiff .

So I guess is very good knews, he don't need cirurgy

It's win win, a perfect scenario if you will. (provided you're a fan of both Kevin & Scotty) Weekes' injury is not serious... no surgery needed... and he'll soon be healthy again. However, 3 weeks on the shelf could theoretically be the 2nd round in the playoffs. The post'season starts in 9 days. By then Lowell's season will be over, and I can't see Clemmensen (at that time) going anywhere. Thus, SC will in all likelihood remain w/the team throughout their playoff run.

If one still feels a bleeding-heart for KW after all is said and done, that is totally justified. Afterall, (though the injury is not serious) he is most likley done for the year. However the wrongdoing that was dished to Clemm when Brodeur returned, trumps both sequences. (regardless of the blow'hards cryout of: "Oh, but what was Lou supposed to do?!?!") Granted the move made logistical sense, but the fact remained... Clemmensen was the odd man out. And after such a marvelous season, it was a bitter pill to swallow. (this is in no way saying that Weeksie had a poor year) I'm very happy that Weekes' injury is not serious. I'm also equally happy that Clem is BACK!

If one still feels a bleeding-heart for KW after all is said and done, that is totally justified. Afterall, (though the injury is not serious) he is most likley done for the year. However the wrongdoing that was dished to Clemm when Brodeur returned, trumps both sequences. (regardless of the blow'hards cryout of: "Oh, but what was Lou supposed to do?!?!") Granted the move made logistical sense, but the fact remained... Clemmensen was the odd man out. And after such a marvelous season, it was a bitter pill to swallow. (this is in no way saying that Weeksie had a poor year) I'm very happy that Weekes' injury is not serious. I'm also equally happy that Clem is BACK!

What are you talking about? How does thinking logically make someone a "blowhard?"

(regardless of the blow'hards cryout of: "Oh, but what was Lou supposed to do?!?!") Granted the move made logistical sense, but the fact remained... Clemmensen was the odd man out. And after such a marvelous season, it was a bitter pill to swallow. (this is in no way saying that Weeksie had a poor year) I'm very happy that Weekes' injury is not serious. I'm also equally happy that Clem is BACK!

Yep, because subjecting him to reentry waivers would've been a great way to show how much the team appreciated him...

Yep, because subjecting him to reentry waivers would've been a great way to show how much the team appreciated him...

Then we could expose Weekes to regular waivers when we sent him down to Lowell!!!!!

Is that what the non blowhards would do?

Edited by devils26