All MLB Thread

devilsrule33

okay..maybe I'm missing something here and correct me if I'm wrong,but MLB had the list before Mitchell started his investigation the only names he got after that were provided by Radomski and McNamee who were compelled to answer his questions. Mitchell could not use the names on the list because of the agreement between MLB and the union.Since Radomski and McNamee were employed by the Yankmees they gave up the aformentioned cheaters so they could stay out of jail.

Radomski was never employed by the Yankees. He was employed by the Mets.

As for whether or not MLB had the list before Mitchell started, I don't know. However, its hardly out of the realm of possibilities that they shared the information with Mitchell to help him in his investigation, which he even admitted focused heavily on the Yankees because of McNamee.

Its also worth noting that NO Brewers were in the report either. Considering Bud's ties to them, its hardly a far-fetched supposition to consider that some organizations were being protected.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steinbummer is a convicted FELON therefore he could not have been a senator to be able to give a report.. which really sucks for you guys..just sayin.

It still doesnt matter. George Mitchell's ties to Red Sox organization created a conflict of interest, or at the very least, a perceived one.

Radomski was never employed by the Yankees. He was employed by the Mets.

As for whether or not MLB had the list before Mitchell started, I don't know. However, its hardly out of the realm of possibilities that they shared the information with Mitchell to help him in his investigation, which he even admitted focused heavily on the Yankees because of McNamee.

Its also worth noting that NO Brewers were in the report either. Considering Bud's ties to them, its hardly a far-fetched supposition to consider that some organizations were being protected.

Thank you for the correction on Radomski. But I doubt there was any conspiracy or cover up considering Mitchell and Selig both knew that the ties to their respective teams would be under scrutiny. I guess it comes as no suprise that most of the crying comes from the Red Sox haters...lol

edit:for spelling

Edited by Guest

It still doesnt matter. George Mitchell's ties to Red Sox organization created a conflict of interest, or at the very least, a perceived one.

I concur.

Peavy is still hurt. Bout time he was moved though. I guess he gave up and decided to waive his NTC.

Halladay is staying put. What a waste of time. I find it shocking no one took the chance for the best pitcher in the AL that is also signed for next year. I can only imagine CC - Doc - AJ - Pettitte - Joba. Price was way too high, but still.

Peavy is still hurt. Bout time he was moved though. I guess he gave up and decided to waive his NTC.

Halladay is staying put. What a waste of time. I find it shocking no one took the chance for the best pitcher in the AL that is also signed for next year. I can only imagine CC - Doc - AJ - Pettitte - Joba. Price was way too high, but still.

ahhh..not so fast there poindexter! Are not trades still allowed but they have to go through waivers? ...just askin..

ahhh..not so fast there poindexter! Are not trades still allowed but they have to go through waivers? ...just askin..

players have to clear waivers...Halladay just won't be one of them. A lot of players will, but the Jays will just wait till the Winter Meetings and hope they can get more than Minnesota did for Santana

players have to clear waivers...Halladay just won't be one of them. A lot of players will, but the Jays will just wait till the Winter Meetings and hope they can get more than Minnesota did for Santana

Bummer!!

Holy crap! Never heard that story before.

Eh, I said the '04 and '07 asterisk thing more in a state of glee over the whole situation than anything. The sad thing is that this whole era will forever be known as the Steroids Era. Whether or not these teams win because of steroids won't matter ... there's a cloud that will forever be there.

And seriously, why won't this whole list just come out already? There's obviously a source that doesn't have a problem leaking names. Just out with it already.

And big ups to Bronson Arroyo for pre-emptively fessing up. I wish more players would follow his lead. The fans pay your salaries, they have the right to know. (Edit: I guess you can now add Arroyo to the growing list of Red Sox that the Mitchell Report somehow overlooked. What a joke.)

"I'll kiss your ass Mr. Selig....Okay bronson bend over and I'll drive..ahhhhh..thats right sonny, thats how to throw that speedball by us!...heheheh!!

edit: for Explicitness..

edited x 2: if i ignore him he will go away won't he??? ....... Ask kim jong-il

Edited by Guest

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4374407

tough break for Reds' fans.. Volquez has electric stuff

especially the way Cueto's fallen apart the last few months and Harang's struggles, their staff is in trouble next year. Volquez is gone, Cueto's stinking up the joint, Arroyo looks shot, Harang just isn't the same and Homer Bailey hasn't exactly lived up to expectations when he was the 2nd highest pitching prospect behind Hughes.

And with Arroyo and Harang's salaries, they can't add anyone and nobody would want to go to that launching pad. They're really in dire straits

especially the way Cueto's fallen apart the last few months and Harang's struggles, their staff is in trouble next year. Volquez is gone, Cueto's stinking up the joint, Arroyo looks shot, Harang just isn't the same and Homer Bailey hasn't exactly lived up to expectations when he was the 2nd highest pitching prospect behind Hughes.

And with Arroyo and Harang's salaries, they can't add anyone and nobody would want to go to that launching pad. They're really in dire straits

and they gave up a terrible package for Scott Rolen who made no sense for them.

i think arroyo and harang are both movable since they both have only 1 year remaining on their contracts, but the reds will still have to pay a good chunk of cash to the team that trades for either of them.

Edited by nmigliore

and they gave up a terrible package for Scott Rolen who made no sense for them.

i think arroyo and harang are both movable since they both have only 1 year remaining on their contracts, but the reds will still have to pay a good chunk of cash to the team that trades for either of them.

I understand Rolen IF they are really going for it next year but let's get real, they're not. and as for Harang/Bronson, it's just a matter if you want to just give them away since they're not going to eat the contracts in this economy and whether you can get anyone who "can" be as good as them at their best but right now you'd love to just give them away

LOL! Youk is prob the biggest bitch in the league! Gets hit charges the mound then throws his helmet at Rick Porcello who is just a skinny 20 year old kid from NJ...then Porcello throws the much bigger YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKK to the ground...priceless! haha

LOL! Youk is prob the biggest bitch in the league! Gets hit charges the mound then throws his helmet at Rick Porcello who is just a skinny 20 year old kid from NJ...then Porcello throws the much bigger YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKK to the ground...priceless! haha

Almost as priceless as the bush move "slappy" pulled on arroyo going to first in the 2004 alcs..lol http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Slappy%20McBluelips http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-arod/13/

Youkilis doesn't like getting hit ... I remember Santana plunked him on the elbow (not intentionally) and he had a few words to say as he walked to 1B..

the reaction from Porcello was hilarious.. he looked scared sh!t and raised his hands like "I DIDNT MEAN IT DONT HURT ME" but he ended up taking Youkilis down :lol: