Development Camp Roster

puckrock

i doubt it's a procedure thing. i guess we'll have to wait for lou to answer the second question, as rod pelley is also a lock to make the team and is attending (although he has only attended this a maximum of 3 times).

interesting names on the list:

mark fraser - didn't know he was still under contract

tyler miller - never seen his name before

doug clarkson - no idea what he's doing there, unless he had a very good season wherever he played last year, i'm not even sure he's ECHL level talent

also good news that all the college folks scrounged up enough money to attend, except t.j. miller (unless he is tyler miller).

TJ Miller was drafted in 2006 in the 4th round 107th overall.

He was one of the big mobile D men taken late in that draft, he was an interesting choice because he was born and raised in california. he started out in the BCHL, he is a NMU here's a little blurb about him from this season.

His season wqas ended by a hip Injury:

Going into his junior season at Northern Michigan, big things were expected of Miller, who had been one of the rocks on a young Wildcats blueline last year. Unfortunately, a hip injury has brought Miller's season to a premature finish as it was recently announced he would miss the rest of the season as a result of the injury. After missing an early December set against Lake Superior State, he returned to play in the Wildcats series against Michigan Tech just before Chirstmas, but the injury obviously became to difficult for Miller to try to play through as he was unable to suit up after the Michigan Tech series. For the season, Miller suited up in 16 games, recording two assists and a -6 rating.

The 6'4, 200 Miller has an impressive skill set, and is very well-rounded, but this season-ending injury is a bit of a setback for the rearguard. While there was a possibility of him turning pro at the start of the season, he will now most likely return to Northern Michigan to play his senior season to help make up for the lost development time this year.

Oh and on the Bergfors situation, the worst thing that could have happend is Nic has got injured again.

Every year he either comes in injured or gets injured, and this would be the last thing he would need given that this is his chance to win a roster spot.

Also on T.J. Miller here are his stats for last year:

Season   Team						Lge	GP	G	A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004-05 Surrey Eagles BCHL 53 3 9 12 85
2005-06 Penticton Vees BCHL 60 16 32 48 73
2006-07 Northern Michigan Univers NCAA 37 2 12 14 12
2007-08 Northern Michigan Univers NCAA 42 2 7 9 53
2008-09 Northern Michigan Univers NCAA 16 0 2 2 14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it's got something to do with playing NHL games in consecutive years or something. Bergfors played in the NHL last season, and was on the opening day roster (his only game) the season before.

Or maybe it's just not necessary that he's there, or he's got other commitments...

he played in a few games. He was in one that i attended that we beat caps in a shootout (clemmer0)

No Brad Snetsinger either, though if I recall correctly, he was injured towards the end of the playoffs in Trenton.

EDIT: Doing some more research, I think Charles Long could be ECHL material. In the 2008-09, he was 10-10-6 with a 2.52 goals-against-average on a pretty mediocre team that plays in a strong conference.

Lou needs to sign a goalie or two. I guess Caruso is a goner. What happened to the other guy that was in Trenton?

Snetsinger had a great year in Trenton. It's probably a lingering injury. He'll probably be in lowell this season.

Thats 35 guys not counting goalies. Wish I could be there. I wonder what kind of team building things devils might do? A day in Sea Girt (with BBQ) on the beach? Anxious to hear TG updates. You know Kevin Cormier will go with harry Young somewhere along the line.

Gerald Coleman was the guy down here last year. It didn't end well as he either had an injury (rumors of a concussion) or simply lost the plot and they brought Frazee down to try and save the series.

There was also the Scott Bertoli night game with the Devils winning 9-7 in front of the Devils brass and Coleman seeming more concerned about giving up 7 than the team winning (he bolted for the door as the rest of the team celebrated). I hear that didn't go over well.

Good to see Castonguay there. He had a vastly improved season last year, though not a strong playoff and with the way we lost bodies in that series we could've used him stepping up.