Is Anyone Worried

NJayDevil

Of course I'm worried -- I will be until the last game this season is won or lost. There is no question that Ottawa has the talent to come back, and, IMO, Game 5 is a big one -- if the Devs lose, then a lot of the pressure will shift to NJ to close Ott out on Wed. and avoid an all or nothing Game 7 on Ott ice.

The logical part of me, though, says the Devs should ultimately prevail. First, Ott has never performed well under pressure, and until they do so, I'll be a doubter. Second, Lalime is going to have to play out of his mind. Third, and most importantly, Ott is going to have to beat Brodeur three times in a row. If they can do that, they will be a most deserving Cup finalist.

But, like I said before, the Devils can avoid a potentially messy situation by taking care of business tonite.

There is no way that the Sens can beat the Devils 3  tiimes in a row.

Uh, I beleive that happened during the reg. season. I know its a different animal now but I'm sure Colo. St. L and Van. fans were saying the same things---and those were worse teams on paper that came back (excpet maybe StL.).

Besides, smothering a talented Ottawa team 4 straight games will send a message to the Ducks and put the fear of the Devil in them.

Very true and we shouldn't assume or take anything for granted but.....our Devils are not those teams! :evil::uni: Go Devils!

The Devils will win game 6 then will proceed to the task of bringing Giguere to reality. Again, the Sens are a scary team I know, but they are overmatched in net and in experience. I don't think you Devil fans realize just how good this years Devils team is. They'll give you another example of just how good they are Wednesday. Prepare to rejoice!

I think the pressure is squarely on the Devs now.

No one expected the Sens to come back from a 3-1 deficit. Game 6 is no different than Game 5 for them.

No one expected the Devs to let Ottawa back in the series. If they lose Game 6, they go back to Ottawa as underdogs in a Game 7.

Must win tomorrow.

I disagree, Z.

Put it this way.. say the series were 2-2, then the Devils took one.. to go up 3-2. Would that put the pressure on the Devils? Of course not.

There's one team up for elimination, and one not. Ottawa still didn't have close to their best game on Monday, and if they play like that on Wednesday, they will get beat. I think the pressure's on them, because they can't possibly be happy with that performance.. still a lot of ill-advised pinching, still the best players being stopped.

Few would have expected Ottawa to go down 3-1, and fewer still would have thought the Devils capable of 4 straight wins against this Senators team. So the Devils are still where they expected to be, or rather, needed to be.. up 3-2, with a game on home ice.

Put it this way.. say the series were 2-2, then the Devils took one.. to go up 3-2. Would that put the pressure on the Devils? Of course not.

That's EXACTLY what I've been telling myself all morning -- that the main reason for my nerves is the order in which the Devs have won and lost, NOT the status quo. And it is the truth.

I disagree, Z.

But the series wasn't 2-2. That's the point. The Devils jumped out to a 3-1 lead. The Sens have no more or less pressure tomorrow night than they did last night. If the Devs lose tomorrow, that would make two in a row, with one game left in Ottawa. The momentum would be all Sens, with the last game in their barn.

The thought of blowing a 2 game lead with only one remaining to clinch the series would be weighing on their minds.