Quebec City pushing for another team

nyrsuck26

I remember being 12 years old, going to the Stanley Cup parade...they handed out these posters with the team roster on them, I wound up with like four or five of 'em...on the back of one I wrote "NASHVILLE? NEVER!" and was so proud of the fact that Chris Terreri held up his extremely similar sign later in the day.

Is there a picture of Terreri with that sign anywhere? I can't seem to find any.

I can't seem to find one either, but I'm certain I've seen them before. I wonder if there's anything on the Stanley Cup championship DVD...er...VHS...whatever.

About 2:20 into this clip:

Beautiful, I love that. Thank you so much. So many memories...Hard to believe it was almost 15 years ago already.

Quebec City has zero corporate base. You look at the Forbes 500 in Canada it basically breaks down to banking/port in Montreal, banking/tech in Toronto, oil/agriculture in Alberta, and film/tech/port in Vancouver.

People have to realize and get over that we can't go back. I'd love to see an NHL franchise back in Hartford as when I moved to CT as a Devils fan in high school I adopted the Whalers as my 2nd team. Now thanks more to lore, legend, and frankly myth northeast hockey fans talk more of the Whalers of the 80's than the Islanders and Oilers simply because they don't exhist. Was the Whalers exit from Hartford sh!tty and terribly handled by all parties? YES! Should Hartford receive another NHL team? fvck NO! While Connecticut has produced triple the numbers of hockey players NJ and Pennsylvania have combined its a dying rust belt city with both a dwindling corporate base and fan loyalties split between Boston and New York.

Quebec and Winnipeg are in the same boat. People get all Archie Bunker "Those Where The Days" regarding those franchises and there were some good times but the sport has outgrown those cities where frankly the "good times" have been overrated to the point people forget the brutally bad times.

Quebec City has zero corporate base. You look at the Forbes 500 in Canada it basically breaks down to banking/port in Montreal, banking/tech in Toronto, oil/agriculture in Alberta, and film/tech/port in Vancouver.

There's also Blackberry producing in Hamilton. :)

But I agree with you on the rest. Nostalgia is behind a lot of this "put a team back here" without much thought to the actual logistics. It makes no sense to have a team in Quebec or Winnipeg. They are too damn small and far too few large companies.