Comments On The Devils

Nieuwy25

So it is cocky of me to say scoring on Giguere will be tough.  But it is not cocky for Devils fans to say the same about Brodeur?  Oh right...its about bragging rights....

And I've been following hockey since the mid 80s when the Flyers had Pelle Lindberg.  I think I know a few things.

:lol: ROFLMAOPIMP :lol: since the 80's when Pelle drove his porche into a wall? You are a pup...talk about knowing a few things when you can discuss Orr, Geofrin, Howe, Schultz and Williams :lol:

Be polite when in someone else's house...you want to be cocky well remember that cocky gets picked up with a pooper scooper and ends up in the trash :o

On espn.com, they have a few guys like Panger, Melrose, etc list their top 5 playoff goaltending performance of all time. Guess what, Giguere 2003 made a few lists and he hasn't played a game in the final.

Guess when looking at stats it forgets that playing 1 game and getting a shutout a legend it does not make :uni:

... when you can discuss Orr, Geofrin, Howe, Schultz and Williams :lol:

... or how Geofrin got his nickname -- hell, even his nickname would be a start

... or the name of the first guy to kick The Hammer's ass (Shultz for you Duck fans!)

... or (witout peeking) the club Orr retired on

or William's (not Woods, Duck fans!) infamous post-goal scoring routine

... or the nickname of Howe's line and his linemates names!!

And for the Bonus Round: Who played on the French Connection Line -- hint: geez, remember that very foggy Finals?

On espn.com, they have a few guys like Panger, Melrose, etc list their top 5 playoff goaltending performance of all time.  Guess what, Giguere 2003 made a few lists and he hasn't played a game in the final.

Those are great references. Pang rarely says nice things about the Devils and Brodeur's goaltending. I guess he still has the hurts from when the Devils scored on him in OT in the last game of the season in 1988 to make the playoffs for the first time. Melrose always seems to talk up the team that is appearing on his network at the time. Not to say Giguere hasn't had outstanding performances this spring. Little too early to annoint him "King of the Playoff Goaltenders"

I love how Devils fans deflect things. Will it be tough to score on Brodeur and the Devils D? Sure. But will it be as equally tough to score on Giguere and the Ducks D? You bet your bottom dollar. The Devils haven't face anyone as good as Giguere or Turco as a matter of fact and we'll see how they hold things together.

We've seen posts like this so many times over the past 4 years. :rolleyes:

Win something first....then come and talk.

GO DEVILS!!!

On espn.com, they have a few guys like Panger, Melrose, etc list their top 5 playoff goaltending performance of all time. Guess what, Giguere 2003 made a few lists and he hasn't played a game in the final.

He made 2 out of 5 lists as number 4 (Pang and Ferraro) and Brodeur also made a list so big whoopee!