Should I Touch the Brick?

Colin226

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should I touch my family brick prior to tonight?

Ok so here's the story:

I have a brick for my family at Championship Plaza.. I wanted to make it my pre-game tradition to touch the brick for "good luck" prior to games I'd be attending BUT.. every single one of the Devils loses this season has come after I touched the brick before the game.. The only home game I didn't touch it beforehand was the Carolina game (I wasn't at the Caps game this past Wednesday so I couldn't touch it).. Likewise, they have won every single game when I haven't touched the brick (includes away games too).. Remember, this pattern has been 100% correct through 13 games so far.. That's a HUGE coincidence if not something more

The question is: Do I touch it before tonight's game?

Also consider this.. The Devils have won every single game when I've made the GDT.. I made the GDT for tonight's game, so do I go ahead and risk my GDT streak by touching the brick? If I touch the brick then one of my streaks comes to an end tonight (either the Devils win and my GDT streak continues or they lose and my brick streak continues)

You decide!

Edited by Colin226

Part of me wants to say it's too early in the year to be worrying about such ridiculous superstitions.

But another part of me is also currently wearing the same jersey I've worn the last three games, so who knows.

I'm gonna lean towards don't change anything up 'til they lose. 'Cause let's face it, they're not gonna win every game for the rest of the year just 'cause I wear the same dirty jersey or you don't touch your brick...

...I assume, anyway. :whistling:

Your logic is sound.. but do I continue to make GDTs until they lose? I'm really not feeling a win tomorrow as much as I want it to happen.. Then again Marty will be rested

What's the strangely pained guy say in the MSG+ commercial..."You don't leave your seat if things are going well"...I say keep up the GDT 'til it stops working. But, that's just my opinion.