Last Round, Burns Almost Guarenteed The Devils...

SpeakoftheDevil(s)

In several post game interviews prior and during the Ottawa series , Burnsie said things like "Oh yeah, we gonna win" with a confident smirk on his face. I've yet to hear him make a similar proclaimation about this series. While you have Eisner and a host of other duck twits doing the same. Now, Im not looking for Burns to talk smack, but some genuine confidence would be nice. Any thoughts as to why it happened last series? Does Burns have confidence, or just playing the respect angle?

He is speaking with confidence. Maybe you're seeing selected things or hearing selected clips or something.

It's freakin' 2-2.

At this point in the series, Burns sticks to his game plan. With home-ice advantage, the Devils have the advantage. He carefully picks and chooses his moments to have overboard confidence. Why do you think the Game 7 emotion worked so well?

The guy knows what he's doing. He's done his job all year. No need to get him on now, when he's still playing it the way he has to get us this far.

But Burns has been in this situation when he was behind Montreal's bench in 89. The Habs were leading 2-0 and lost in 6 to Calgary. I'm pretty sure that it's nagging at him. I mean that was my first thought after game 3.

Giguere should have kept his big mouth shot.

But Burns has been in this situation when he was behind Montreal's bench in 89. The Habs were leading 2-0 and lost in 6 to Calgary. I'm pretty sure that it's nagging at him. I mean that was my first thought after game 3.

Giguere should have kept his big mouth shot.

If that is the case, why is the media harping on the fact the Devs were up 2-0 and the last time that was supposed to have happened was in 1971 with Montreal but vs. Chicago?

I really don't think up anything in a series means squat anyway. If one team can take two in a row why is it so unreasonable that the other team do the same?

LETS GO DEVILS! TWO MORE WINS!

Well I sure as hell don't want to see a game 7 unless I knew ahead of time the Cup was ours (SBT?). My nerves can't take it. I think most of us expected the Sucks to take one out there but not both.

That doesn't mean time to panic, though: Philthy, Toronto and Ottawa :) .

Here's why Burns was more public with his confidence in the team during the Ottawa series: The Devils were a true underdog then. Burns wanted to show confidence in his troops. Anaheim's being hyped up as the better team but they're really not. Burns doesn't need to give the troops any of that kind of motivation. Especially after they just beat Ottawa, the best team during the season. He just needs to remind them to SHOOT HIGH AND AROUND Michelin Man's pads :P