Mental Exhaustion

devs23

I don't know about everyone else, but I sweated every opponent, even Boston, taking nothing for granted. With each round, more stress and worry - I'm glad that it's finally over and THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!!!!

(What do we do until next season? I'm a sucker for mental anguish.)

Yes, I did.

My intestines are gone and my sleep has been less than five hours every day (even off-days).

But I have an even better story to share. My mom -- across the country in Vegas -- has been watching every game. And when I get home from work after a win, there was always a message.

It was the first time she ever watched hockey. And she HATES it -- she hates what we all love about it, that something can happen every trip up the ice.

But she watched for me.

Now that's cool. :)

And I'm glad she... and I... and all of us get a break. This is the first time I've ever said I need a break, but I NEED A BREAK.

That's cool about your mom ESB. Mine had never watched hockey or been to a game til this year. We took her to a game early in the season against the Rangers and she got hooked. We also took her to game 5 against Tampa, and we went to our seats while she went to the bathroom. She was gone forever, and when she finally showed up, she had a Marty shirt on, her face painted and a balloon devils horns hat thing! Last night she kept calling me during commercials to report she couldn't breathe hehehe. After the game she wanted to make sure we were going to the parade!

I got a brother in law who calls my wife while we're at the games. He's watching in Houston, LMAO! He wanted to know if we were safe, because they were showing pictures of section 217. I had taken him to a game in the Toronto series a couple of years ago. Her's hooked too.

Keep spreading the word!

Keeping up with this board = mental exhaustion!

My mother said she'd practice mind control for me and the Devils. She was also very defensive of Scotty's hit on Kariya. Very defensive of hockey -- she pointed out baseball is as violent and not even supposed to be - funny because I didn't even mention the whiney "hockey's too violent- Stevens gives the sport a bad name" posts on here yesterday! :lol: "He got up anyhow so what's the problem?" She was mostly worried Scott would turn into a wuss again...she's heartless my mother is!

My dad called first thing after the game of course. He was just surprised at how the luck (and ability to play!) just stuck with the team at home this series. Parental support is so fun.

I am sooooooooo relieved that it's over. During this run I have been very stressed out. It was a great ride and now that it's over I can relax and enjoy the off season. Thank you Devils!