Throwback Merchandise??

brody9500

Does anybody know when the Throwback Jerseys will go on sale for the March 17th game? I thought I had heard January but so far I haven't seen anything....

Furthermore...does anybody know if there will be a player customization option on them?

Also will there be other throwback merchandise (hats, sweatshirts) or just jerseys?

I was wondering the same thing myself.

I believe it was a photoshoot for a band. That's an Albany River Rats jersey... note the Canes logo on the shoulders instead of the hurricane flag.

It was a photoshoot for the band "Vampire Weekend". The guy is wearing a game worn Jonathan Paiement River Rats jersey. The pic posted above has the sponsor patch photoshopped out of it, but on the cover of the mag there is a small photo of the 4 of them and the patch is there. The jerseys the team sells do not have the sponsor patch on it, so it is a game worn jersey. Story and photos can be found by CLICKING HERE

Edited by ThreeCups

I believe it was a photoshoot for a band. That's an Albany River Rats jersey... note the Canes logo on the shoulders instead of the hurricane flag.

Ah, much appreciated. Didn't even notice it was a Rats jersey.

And like jim said, it's funny how the guy in the Rags sweater looks like a total dooooosh.

Ironically, we've got the keyboard player. Who's usually, in most band dynamics, the doucheiest of them all.

They're auctioning off an autographed Rangers jersey with the name "Vampire Weekend" on the back for charity. Wish they did that for all four jerseys. Not that I could afford to try to win it, but it would be nifty.

And I'm surprised the one dude is wearing a Rats jersey. (I should have picked up on that, good eye Devil Dan!) One would think that if they were going for a New York State motif, he'd have a Sabres jersey. It's really hard to tell that he's wearing an Albany jersey in that group shot, though it's obvious in the other pictures.

And I'm surprised the one dude is wearing a Rats jersey. (I should have picked up on that, good eye Devil Dan!) One would think that if they were going for a New York State motif, he'd have a Sabres jersey. It's really hard to tell that he's wearing an Albany jersey in that group shot, though it's obvious in the other pictures.

I was surprised by that too. I say he should have gone with a Whalers jersey, personally.

I was surprised by that too. I say he should have gone with a Whalers jersey, personally.

Yeah, that's sort of what I thought they were going for before Dan pointed out it was a Rats jersey. My line of thinking was "Canes jersey? Ok, well they used to be the Whalers, so I guess that's what they're going for?" :lol:

Yeah, that's sort of what I thought they were going for before Dan pointed out it was a Rats jersey. My line of thinking was "Canes jersey? Ok, well they used to be the Whalers, so I guess that's what they're going for?" :lol:

That's it. Hurricanes need to be in the Winter Classic. Whalers throwbacks FTW!

The Hurricanes and Avalanche are only allowed in if they change their names for the day. And play Brass Bonanza, of course.

Ah, we're on to something here! Where should they play? Put a rink in the parking lot of the mall where the Whale used to play?